Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes a decent 3 speed reverse pattern shifter? Are there any downsides to moving to an electric or C02 set up?

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I had a B&M Prostick with a Shifnoid, struggled with going 1st to 3rd. Put a B&M Pro Ratchet in with a Shifnoid and it's flawless. Both on the same rev pattern 3spd both electric. I never had an air or CO2 shifter but I never ran out of electricity yet.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
With the electric version, the one I had, the solenoid was energized all the time. This used battery all the time. When it was time to shift the solenoid released and a spring pushed the shaft forward to move the shifter to the next gear. I did not like the "energized all the time" part, so I switched to an air unit. Works fine. But this was in a 2 speed transmission.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you use the same CO2 bottle for both boost control and shifting or will the boost control spike on the shift?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Last year I ran a tci outlaw reverse pattern for my turbo 400 with the shiftnoid electric. I had some electrical issues and at times the shifter wouldn't shift. However if I put my hand on it I found with just a little pressure it would go 1st to 3rd. So I opted to scrap the whole setup and went to an M&m transmission shifter. Wow. Awesome piece. It has the air shifter built in.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Last year I ran a tci outlaw reverse pattern for my turbo 400 with the shiftnoid electric. I had some electrical issues and at times the shifter wouldn't shift. However if I put my hand on it I found with just a little pressure it would go 1st to 3rd. So I opted to scrap the whole setup and went to an M&m transmission shifter. Wow. Awesome piece. It has the air shifter built in.
Didn't know they made them!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Food for thought, if you want to get away from filling co2 bottles you can mount an ARB air locker pump in the trunk with a small air tank and mini regulator. They have a built in 70 psi on, 100 psi off switch and only weigh a couple lbs. I use a used propane torch bottle with the valve taken out as my air bottle. A couple 2.5” t bolt clamps make an attractive bottle mount.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A month ago, I had the worst day of the year. On the same day, the electricity in my car and house were fallen, first of all, I called the electricians Sutherland and they found the problem that the transformer was burned and in an hour I had the electricity, but they noticed I was fixing the electricity in the car. One of the guys found the problem and he told me to change the capacitor. Next day I bought a new one and the electricity in the car works well.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
I've always used PPP air shifters and they have been flawless. My 10oz bottle lasts a long time if I don't forget to close the valve after the weekend is over. I use a 20lb mother bottle my buddy gave me to refill. I haven't spent a dime on co2 for more than four years. Only had to refil my bottle three times so far, all due to me not fixing the small leak at one of the quick disconnects that I have and not turning off the bottle valve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts