Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short... My place was never a good idea for one(long story short).

But now, I'm moving in a couple weeks and I want a small herb garden so....

1) design ideas... It's goin on a front porch. Area is tight, gotta look nice/pretty for the misses
2) which herbs should I go with? Easiest? most popular. etc
3) and no-nos.

Thanks in advance.

·
Former RJ instigator
39,206 Posts
Long story short... My place was never a good idea for one(long story short).

But now, I'm moving in a couple weeks and I want a small herb garden so....

1) design ideas... It's goin on a front porch. Area is tight, gotta look nice/pretty for the misses
2) which herbs should I go with? Easiest? most popular. etc
3) and no-nos.

Thanks in advance.
Kinda late in the season, it might be hard to find any plants right now, but if you can, rosemary and basil are no brainers, they grow like fucking weeds though, so you'll have to keep them cut back if you don't use it a lot.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kinda late in the season, it might be hard to find any plants right now, but if you can, rosemary and basil are no brainers, they grow like fucking weeds though, so you'll have to keep them cut back if you don't use it a lot.
thank you, yes I get the new place Sept 1st and my brother was giving me different plants that would work up here in the fall.

·
Former RJ instigator
39,206 Posts
thank you, yes I get the new place Sept 1st and my brother was giving me different plants that would work up here in the fall.
Congrats! But bummer on having to move!, that shit sucks monkey balls!, I hate moving with a passion!

Here's a few more you might want to plant if you can find them, mint, thyme, oregano, sage are all very hardy plants ( perennials ) and will come back every year, but you'll have to replant rosemary and basil, they are not very hardy ( annuals ), I know you live up in Jersey and winter comes quick, so you better get after it once you get the new place, good luck!

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you can put some stuff in the ground, rosemary and bay leaf will make some great bushes. On the porch, try some small galvanized trashcans and the standards are thyme, chives, oregano, sage...mint in the ground is good for the foundation areas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts