Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 80 of 178 Posts

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Im sorry you feel that way, Maybe the op should of got his facts straight and not called me a liar or said that i wasnt in touch or contacted his chassis guy cause as i did. Do i need to post the phone bills as well.

If he would of came on here and said i bought the fenders 6-19-10 and still don't have them, My chassis guy (MADMANN) has never heard from Dan or Schoneck Composites and we don't have them. I would maybe feel a little more sympathetic, probally would of done something to make it right. Instead he calls me a liar, says he ordered them in febuary,paid, and has credit car reciepts to prove it. Says i never was in contact with madman in which i was. I did not have the op email since probally back in july. I was in contact with madmann only. The op on the other hand has my email inwhich he emailed me from my website. He has only emailed me again ONCE since purchasing them from me. I never made any shipment promise dates even from time of purchase to no one until madman called me 2 weekago and Madman said he was going to be needed them. Then i shipped them although two days later than i said due to my freight company not being able to pick up due to where im located and them being slow. I also called Madman and let him know that.

REguardless of me being a business owner, I will not bite my lip, tuck my tail between my legs and act like a pussy when being called a liar to make my customer happy. His first sentence was the endall of our business transaction. Yes its my reponsabilty to make the part and ship it and to make sure the customer was happy with it, its my responsability to make sure i do it in a timely fashsion and make sure the customer is aware of the time frame or if there is a problem. He never asked me once when i could ship them, just 7 business days later asking where his tracking no was, i called Madmann immiedately and delt with him after, just like o.p said he left the rest of the duties to madman inwhich he told me he (madman) was in no BIG hurry for them as he just stated the car.

He also states my fenders are junk or need massive work inwhich is another lie> No pictures yet either. but i will be the first to call madman tomorrow morning for them. I will post them for all to see.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Maybe instead of being worried about your 100,000 dollar hunk of shit you should be worried about hiring help to deliver parts as promised instead of doing half assed work! I know people just like you spend every last dime they have on performance shit no matter no matter the time no matter the bissness.
Really i only paid 25000 for the ford gt wrecked.... My 100 grand Racecraft racecar is still sitting in the corner since august of 07 as i am doing business first and put my racing career in the back burner for once in my life to do what i need to survive. Ive been workn on this ford gt project already since jan of 09. IF i wasted every dollar i had and minute of time, many people will tell you that know me that it would of ran and been completed in May of last year.

We have hired help btw, its making things alot better. Like i said i am far from perfect, learning, and trying to do this without being 100's of thousand of dollars out at the bank.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
posted by hotrod22859
Maybe you should have more than 4 posts to have an impact on here.

maybe u should kiss my azz did you start out with post[/QUOTE]

You gotta hit the qoute button to qoute someone:)

·
Registered
571 Posts
I would have thought that a business owner would conduct them selves in a different manor at least a little more humble than what Dan has done. I guess not. I was also looking at getting some stuff done. After reading this thread I’m up in the air. I understand that there are always two sides of every story however you are judged on how you handle both sides now how cool you can look by talking down to your customers. In my opinion I think that most of this has been miss communication between the OP and his personal shop. However, after watching the fiberglass owners response with f this and f that it could go wither way. I personally think that it is sad that a person can not express them selves in a professional manor in order to take care of what ever it is that needs taking care of.

Just remember if you have bad feedback some people will sit back and see how you handle it and that would be the information that would sway them one direction of the other. Attacking people because they are not happy is not cool.

oh and i have more than 7 post

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I would have thought that a business owner would conduct them selves in a different manor at least a little more humble than what Dan has done. I guess not. I was also looking at getting some stuff done. After reading this thread I’m up in the air. I understand that there are always two sides of every story however you are judged on how you handle both sides now how cool you can look by talking down to your customers. In my opinion I think that most of this has been miss communication between the OP and his personal shop. However, after watching the fiberglass owners response with f this and f that it could go wither way. I personally think that it is sad that a person can not express them selves in a professional manor in order to take care of what ever it is that needs taking care of.

Just remember if you have bad feedback some people will sit back and see how you handle it and that would be the information that would sway them one direction of the other. Attacking people because they are not happy is not cool.

oh and i have more than 7 post

^This is how I feel too. Very unprofessional.
I have kinda been keeping an eye on what you do Dan ever since an article in a magazine a few years back and thought to myself that I would like to do business with you in the future and after seeing how you carry yourself on here I have changed my mind. No offence, just saying.
Sorry but if you dont change the way you talk on the internet it will hurt your business.

I dont want to sit here and bash the hell out of you based on the OP. I cant help to see the negetive in how you talk down to alot of people. Just sad because I think you are better than that and have a good thing going for you and hope you can change....:(

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
To all the people who think that i didn't handle myself properly that is your own opinion and that is fine. Its ok that the o.p called me a liar, false accusations of purchase date and slandering my business? And the guy from Detriot. The guy from detriot i was more than happy to work something out with. I called him after he recieved the parts from me, as he sent me a text saying he was very unhappy. Two mins later i called him. Then i never hear back from him as he said he was going to send me pics and get back to me? Then i tell him here that i would of done something to help and he says he doesn't need my hand outs? Thing about it is if he still needed something from me, he could call me and reguardless of what weve said on the net about each other or feel about each other i would make it right with him.

So these guys or anyone can bash my business and myself, i just have to lay over and just surrender because im a business owner?

Did any of you guys FULLY READ the O.Ps first post? He Lied, Called me a douche bag, then proceeded to call me a liar several more times? That's ok really? Im supposed to be happy about this attack and just be like we have a big misunderstanding here? How is ok for him to attack me and my business first? The people that know me know that im not a angry person, im not a dick head, and im willing to help anyone.

To the people that don't know me personally, IF you judge anyone by what they say and especially on the bullet your a fool. There are alot of great people here on the bullet who run there mouths and a hand full of dipshits aswell. Its easier to type negative things about someone, versus calling them and saying it in person. No im not in the right here and neither is the O.p.

Brings me back to the accufab thread where the guy blamed John Mahovetz and accufab for his car crashing due to shitty throttle shafts. He was trying to hurt thier business and John came out swinging to defend. I didnt blame him one bit as the guy was out todo damage to his business. Another great company but a owner who had his button pushed too far!!!!

No matter what i say or how i feel about someone, we @ Schoneck Composites still strive to make quality parts and ship them in a timely fashion and will continue to learn and grow as time goes on. I appreicate all the people who have done business with us and it make us proud to see our stuff out there. I encourage people to take emotions said on the internet with a grain of salt. Cause most likely the o.p, myself and others posted in this thread don't carry on this way on a normal basis.

Im out its been a long day and i need to pray for the family of a very good friend we lost @day:( Rip Mr. Jim Summers

·
Registered
941 Posts
I ordered a smooth front GT nose with side skirts from Dan. I had them in less than 2 weeks and my paint & body guy was highly impressed with the small amount of work to make them fit my fenders and paint them. I would like to see about ordering dash for my car as well. i'll be calling dan later in the morning to order it.

Lance

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I've used fiberglass from just about every company out there. Even the best ones need some work to look and fit properly.
If you think you can take parts out of the box and they're ready to paint, you're in for a shocker. As far as Dans attitude, I know where he's coming from. I've never met him, but I get a couple of customers a year that I regret ever getting involved with. I have been getting pretty good at reading them and if they come in here with a cocky know it all attitude, I tell them I'm not interested in working for them. They leave pissed but it's better for both of us in the end. Here's an example of the shit I put up with. I milled a 6 cyl. head .008 to take care of a warp two years ago. The guy did his own engine assembly. Two years ago. He just came in and said his engine chucked a rod out through the pan and wanted to know what I was going to do about it. My wife can't understand why I drink.:partyman:

·
draggin' ass
13,374 Posts
Dan, I have read all the posts and as far as I'm concerned, you may or may not have made faulty quality parts. I haven't seen the parts and I'm not a body man but I have read you were willing to work with the customer on each and every instance. For this, you have won in my book. Sure you have been brash but in the cases where you are personally attacked and they did not back up their argument, I can understand why. While I do not own a vehicle you make parts for, I have seen their quality and would not hesitate to recommend your products. Anyone who has bought built to order parts understands how this works. To think their sitting a shelf just magically waiting for a order is delusional. To anyone who thinks you handled the situation incorrectly, they need to put themselves in your shoes. Sure you were rude, but at least you backed your side of the argument and offered solutions, not criticism.

·
Registered
8,464 Posts
Wow I just read this whole thread and I don't know what to think. I do believe Dan and that he makes good parts ect. But I don't know if I really like how he delt with this even though he was under attack

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
Here's an example of the shit I put up with. I milled a 6 cyl. head .008 to take care of a warp two years ago. The guy did his own engine assembly. Two years ago. He just came in and said his engine chucked a rod out through the pan and wanted to know what I was going to do about it. My wife can't understand why I drink.:partyman:
fuck me! That's one of the best ones I have ever heard!! Wonder why we have to put up with dickheads like that preferably we don"t. bring the beer!

·
Registered
104 Posts
well......i ordered my '93 dash today. the nose i'll order a bit later on. my buddy has dan's stuff on his car right now, and it's damn nice. i'm not worried one bit. that's how much this thread impacted me........:yawinkle:

just my $.02

·
The Medcine Man
8,149 Posts
I got a proposition Dan you say your a stand up guy(provided don't really like you callin YB members fools) give me a couple months and I will give you a shot and see how good your quality is and see how long it takes you to make good on your promises and we'll do the follow up right here. You have nothing to gain but reputation and money. Becuase I personally get tired of people getting screwed and this will help some of the none believers. What do you think?

61 - 80 of 178 Posts