Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

To step up to the balanced scat rotating kit will only cost me 150 bucks...If i get it balanced locally I have to pay 265, so 115 more. In an effort to save every penny i can on this build, how good are the balance jobs that come from scat? this is a 4340 forged crank stroker kit of theirs by the way

opinions?

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Hey guys,

To step up to the balanced scat rotating kit will only cost me 150 bucks...If i get it balanced locally I have to pay 265, so 115 more. In an effort to save every penny i can on this build, how good are the balance jobs that come from scat? this is a 4340 forged crank stroker kit of theirs by the way

opinions?
Problem being we have been through some prebalanced kits and its amazing the pistons are still in a sealed box and the rods are still in there sealed packages. How did the weigh the parts? We found one kit out 32 grams on one end.

·
Registered
9,943 Posts
JUST buy the kit, un balanced, take it to a machine shop you trust....and know that all is good,
i have learned to trust no one, hell i even had to check the last set of Carrillo rods i got, just to be sure........Which were perfect
yes I am anal, but in todays world you have to be

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have heard the same thing with most kits. Have the machine shop you know and trust do the balance. It is not worth trying save the money in that area.

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel like I am reading something from the godfather with all the trust issues...lol, just kidding, i totally understand what you guys mean, thats why i thought id ask

·
Registered
201 Posts
Before purchasing some Scat parts I emailed them with questions - they were very prompt at getting back with me (with realistic answers). You may want to shoot them an email and ask if they include balance sheets with the balanced assemblies and ask about their balancing process. No first hand experience with them, but it never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
120 Posts
x20000 on this! been there and done that. buy it unbalanced and take to someone u know and trust!

take a look at cnc-motorsports.... bought a rotating kit for small chevy, had them balance it. took to my builder he checked it ,was very impressed with there work. great people to deal with,and great service.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts