Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a SCAT 4340 crank survive 700 CHP with a centrifugal blower?

Main reason I am asking is it's in a 5600lb truck that will be launched in 4x4 so there will be a fairly high engine load.

I already had the crank corrected to exactly what it should be with a nearly perfect balance job, 6000 rpm redline. Boost will keep going up till my power target is met.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Yes it will survive as long as the engine is assembled correctly with the proper oil clearances

·
Banned
22,017 Posts

Main reason I am asking is it's in a 5600lb truck that will be launched in 4x4 so there will be a fairly high engine load.

I already had the crank corrected to exactly what it should be with a nearly perfect balance job, 6000 rpm redline. Boost will keep going up till my power target is met.
I used to see a guy that ran 6.0 bracket racing in F-150 4x4 with a vortech blower.
It was lifted and running 29.5 slicks. Crazy running truck would be 6.01- 6.1 every pass.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
scat makes some high end cranks most don't know this....ya get what you pay for!
I was under the assumption that SCAT is lower end? I bought the best crank they offer for my engine short of their custom billet line.

If your running a blower make sure it has a BBC snout.
I can't order that for my engine type (Chrysler 360)

·
Registered
2,871 Posts

The Scat crank will work well for your application.

·
The Phantom Machinist
1,916 Posts
I am aware, however this is what I have and if it can hold the power level I want I see no reason to upgrade.
Oh, I didn't read it closely though you were looking for a crank..
On that scat crank, you may want consider drilling the snout threads further into the front main journal. I had a customer use one and he snapped the snout off on the dyno with a 6-71 blower.
We replaced it with a Callies.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh, I didn't read it closely though you were looking for a crank..
On that scat crank, you may want consider drilling the snout threads further into the front main journal. I had a customer use one and he snapped the snout off on the dyno with a 6-71 blower.
We replaced it with a Callies.
Well shit! That's never good. I'll see what can be done to make sure I don't snap anything important.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.