Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure some of you have some scars from accidents, medical reasons or whatever. Lets see them.

Me, I have three nasty ones. One on my lower right stomach from when my appendix ruptured 4 years ago. Ended up with gangrene and a bunch of tissue and part of my intestines need to be removed.

Also have an extremely bad one on my lower right leg from a snowmobile accident that happend about 28 years ago. My right leg was pulled up into the track assembly on an old Polaris TX340. I think that's what it was. Both bones were broken and my leg was nearly amputated. I have another scar on my upper inner left leg where doctors removed a muscle and grafted it onto my right leg so I could use my foot.

I am very fortunate to have had great doctors for my severe leg injury. I walk without any issues and wear shorts in the Summer. I tell kids I was bit by a shark when they ask me what happend.

Appendix aftermath:

Leg:
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Steering wheel holder
4,708 Posts
Gonna hard to top that. You can see my worst in these pics, got bit by a table saw in 10th grade wood shop. My middle finger now has three fingernails.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts

This one goes from top all the way to the hole, that was a compound fracture, they took skin off my thigh two weeks later after draining.

Other side of the compound fracture. I have 3 titanium plates with all kinds of screws in my forearm, it was in several pieces. I had a piece of bone from my fleece coat I was wearing. It was about 3/8" and when they took X-rays you could see where it went lol. And 6-8 screws holding a plate in my bicep.

4 Ligaments replaced in knee, worst surgery ever!

More of ligament surgery and small dark one is a try at fixing my drop foot.

Top is a vascular bi-pass on the main artery, almost lost my leg due to no blood flow.

1 week after knee surgey, about 3 months after the accident.

The external fixator I had for 8 weeks after the accident, do not dislocate your knee!!

3 Days before I woke up

...like this

Black stuff on side of my left calf, is my calf, after the bi-pass is exploded, so they had to cut both sides to keep skin from tearing.

A little over 350 staples and 11 surgerys from a motorcycle accident.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
And I crashed in grass...broke my forearm, bicep, fractured should blade, and orbital, and somehow I did not break my hand, or collar Bone, the doctors were amazed by that one. Even my tight ass glove was ripped off my left hand.. Crazy, I was somewhat awake for the 20-30 minutes I was alone. Cops showed up and I remember telling him, CPL not carrying lol. His reply"son I'm gonna be honest, you have a lot more to worry about right now." Woke up 3 days later, prior to yelling at doctor, my brother, and my dad to stfu so I could think, and recap what just happened, doctor asked me If I could move my left foot too while this was going on.

I said "time out, time out, stfu!" Doctor paused for a sec, "time in, now try to move your left foot!" This was all while I was being wheeled to the ER. Lol all I could remember was 54mph, three dear, and some heavy shrubs(Russian olives apparently)

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
G'day, Don't have pictures and I sure can't beat you in quality but I'll give it a shot. In and out scar from left side of chest to left side of back. Back surgery scar with stainless and titanium inserts. Five scars on my right knee, but four are pretty small. Big ripper up my left leg from going through a barb wire fence on a toboggan behind a 340 Polaris. Two on my right wrist from breaking it. Twice. Really nice one on my right fore arm from skin cancer removal. My niece calls it my caterpillar. And one on my right temple from another cancer removal.

The worst scar is probably the one on my soul from being force to listen to country western music at work. It burns it burns.

ms

·
Registered
3,626 Posts

This one goes from top all the way to the hole, that was a compound fracture, they took skin off my thigh two weeks later after draining.

Other side of the compound fracture. I have 3 titanium plates with all kinds of screws in my forearm, it was in several pieces. I had a piece of bone from my fleece coat I was wearing. It was about 3/8" and when they took X-rays you could see where it went lol. And 6-8 screws holding a plate in my bicep.

4 Ligaments replaced in knee, worst surgery ever!

More of ligament surgery and small dark one is a try at fixing my drop foot.

Top is a vascular bi-pass on the main artery, almost lost my leg due to no blood flow.

1 week after knee surgey, about 3 months after the accident.

The external fixator I had for 8 weeks after the accident, do not dislocate your knee!!

3 Days before I woke up

...like this

Black stuff on side of my left calf, is my calf, after the bi-pass is exploded, so they had to cut both sides to keep skin from tearing.

A little over 350 staples and 11 surgerys from a motorcycle accident.
Missed this one too, this is where they took two pieces of cadaver artery for my left leg.

I spent 8 months in a wheel chair, and Lost 42#'s after about a year I was back to walking at 50-60%. Fuck drop foot! Few people notice I have a paralyzed arm(severe complete brachial plexus avulsion) and fucked up leg well I till they see me with out a shirt that is.

·
"I like money" More Plz!
3,004 Posts
Wow! I thought I was bad but won't even bother now... I'll just list them.

Both broken wrist (1 pin in right)
Both shoulders separated
Torn / repaired ACL's in Both Knees ( 2 large screws each knee)
Broken Both Feet (2 screws and a pin)
Two broken ribs on left side.

Multiple other minor scars / sprain / strains..

ALL from racing motorcycles / motocross...

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And I crashed in grass...broke my forearm, bicep, fractured should blade, and orbital, and somehow I did not break my hand, or collar Bone, the doctors were amazed by that one. Even my tight ass glove was ripped off my left hand.. Crazy, I was somewhat awake for the 20-30 minutes I was alone. Cops showed up and I remember telling him, CPL not carrying lol. His reply"son I'm gonna be honest, you have a lot more to worry about right now." Woke up 3 days later, prior to yelling at doctor, my brother, and my dad to stfu so I could think, and recap what just happened, doctor asked me If I could move my left foot too while this was going on.

I said "time out, time out, stfu!" Doctor paused for a sec, "time in, now try to move your left foot!" This was all while I was being wheeled to the ER. Lol all I could remember was 54mph, three dear, and some heavy shrubs(Russian olives apparently)
Damn son! You are lucky to be still with us.

I had an external fixator on my right leg because of the tissue damage. Like I said earlier, both bones were broken. My leg was pointing back at me. I can remember the accident happening and the ride to the hospital in the ambulance. Went to our local hospital where they analyzed me and discovered that my injury was something they couldn't handle. Did some prep work and sent me to North Memorial hospital which is highly renowned trauma center.

I woke up the next morning with my right hanging in the air with a cage like aparatus stuck to it, the external fixator. Three weeks and four surgeries later I went home with the titanium "cast" stuck to my leg. After a period of time to make sure the muscle transplant and skin grafting was good, it was removed and a full length cast was put on.

I still have a bit of foot drop but otherwise it's really healthy. My ankle will swell a bit when it's humid and i've been on my feet all day.

It amazes me what doctors and surgeons are capable of doing.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts

Buddy, I hope this is your "before" pic or something, 'cause it looks mighty suspicious.
It is if you read the captions. It said 3 days prior to waking up(that pic) ....like this(pic with tube down my throat). That was the day before my accident, then I woke up 3 days later in hospital, with those tubes in my throat. That hurt like hell when they pulled that out.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Damn son! You are lucky to be still with us.

I had an external fixator on my right leg because of the tissue damage. Like I said earlier, both bones were broken. My leg was pointing back at me. I can remember the accident happening and the ride to the hospital in the ambulance. Went to our local hospital where they analyzed me and discovered that my injury was something they couldn't handle. Did some prep work and sent me to North Memorial hospital which is highly renowned trauma center.

I woke up the next morning with my right hanging in the air with a cage like aparatus stuck to it, the external fixator. Three weeks and four surgeries later I went home with the titanium "cast" stuck to my leg. After a period of time to make sure the muscle transplant and skin grafting was good, it was removed and a full length cast was put on.

I still have a bit of foot drop but otherwise it's really healthy. My ankle will swell a bit when it's humid and i've been on my feet all day.

It amazes me what doctors and surgeons are capable of doing.
Yea, when I got to my local ER, they were overwhelmed and thank god they just stabilized me and sent me to a bigger nicer way more better place. The local hospital. Mercy, told my dad my left leg was broke both bones, all ribs left side, and collar bone wrist ect.

Got to royal oak Beaumont, I was out now, doped right up. They told my dad it wasn't as bad as mercy made it sound. I broke my forearm and bicep, dislocated my knee, fractured the orbital and shoulder blade, and had a mild concussion, yes I had a helmet on a 300$ One And not the 50$ hjc bs. And I hit the grass, now Thinking the cement would have been better but I had no real choice lol. After 18hrs of surgery he first day I was in ICU for 5days then 16 more days in the hospital, and another week in overnight rehab, to learn to function with one arm and exercise my good leg. I went from 176# in the pic to 134# after 8 months of only leaving the couch to go to the doctors and therapy. This was my spot lol, luckily I guess, my dad had a back fusion the week before I came home, so he was off work for 3 months helping take care of me a my house. It was a rough 3 months for the two of us, bitching and in pain most of it. 1-2hrs a sleep a day.

2 weeks after the accident I was told that I would most likely not be able to use my left arm again, I am/was left handed lol, try wiping your ass with your opposit hand lol.
Spent a lot of time at UofM hospital. They special in Brachial plexus avulsions and did a lot of test and met a lot of doctors to see what they all thought. That was a amazing hospital, clinics, with awesome staff!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts