Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How in the hell does this work ??
It is the third time I have been offered to sell my car with no one showing except their courier because they are sooooo busy and can't come for it. They don't even want pixx. However my real question is, how do they scam PAYPAL to pay for it ???:confused::confused:
I am really confused on this deal since paypal has a money back guarantee !!! I just respondedand said I want cash at time of delivery. I wish I had the guts to accept the deal and see how it plays out with PAY PAL.

Someone out there smarter than me, please respond. This is a very interisting situation.
Thanx,
Bob B.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya!!! Here is copy of the email I got, it's a beauty!!!

Thanks for the swift response and do as well advise on the least amount you will like to give it away as i am buying this for son and due to the nature of my job and location...i will not be able to come for inspection,am a very busy type as i work long hours everyday,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with it.

As for the payment..i can only pay via the fastest and secure way to pay online(PayPal) here.

I have a private courier agent that will come for the pick up after the payment have been made ...so no shipping included and With the issue of my details,transferring the name of ownership and signing of all paperwork will be done by the courier services company agent so you don't have to worry about that.

You can now send me your PayPal email so i can pay in right away and also include your address in your reply.If you don't have a paypal account, you can easily set up one...log on to www.paypal.com and sign up its very easy... i would have loved to talk to you on phone but i work mainly offshore, our phone is down on the rig right now due to bad weather, that was why i sent you a text, i even wonder how my message deliver to your phone but for now we can only communicate through the same mailing channel.await your reply asap.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
I hear ya!!! Here is copy of the email I got, it's a beauty!!!

Thanks for the swift response and do as well advise on the least amount you will like to give it away as i am buying this for son and due to the nature of my job and location...i will not be able to come for inspection,am a very busy type as i work long hours everyday,i have gone through your advertisement and i am satisfied with it.

As for the payment..i can only pay via the fastest and secure way to pay online(PayPal) here.

I have a private courier agent that will come for the pick up after the payment have been made ...so no shipping included and With the issue of my details,transferring the name of ownership and signing of all paperwork will be done by the courier services company agent so you don't have to worry about that.

You can now send me your PayPal email so i can pay in right away and also include your address in your reply.If you don't have a paypal account, you can easily set up one...log on to www.paypal.com and sign up its very easy... i would have loved to talk to you on phone but i work mainly offshore, our phone is down on the rig right now due to bad weather, that was why i sent you a text, i even wonder how my message deliver to your phone but for now we can only communicate through the same mailing channel.await your reply asap.

Thanks
That's a scam of somekind, don't know how they're using paypal. If he really wanted it..he would send cash with ever who was picking it up. That's a simple, common practice.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is now getting interesting!! I just spoke with Pay Pal and was told that the max transaction they would take is $10,000.00 bucks at a time. If they meet the price of $60K with multiples of $10K and it shows in my account B4 I deliver the car it's GOOD money.

Now the ?? do I have the nerve to give them my PayPal account ??
Bob

·
Registered
161 Posts
I believe its GOOD until they file a dispute saying they never received the car, at that time they file and pay pal will fund their money its a loop hole system.

·
Registered
612 Posts
He can send a text from a cell phone but not call from it???

·
Registered
700 Posts
Total scam.
I get them all day on golf carts,pallets of batteries etc.
All BS.
I dont even respond to them.
If it sounds to good to be true,It probably is.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
I think they send a Paypal link.... it is a bogus link that hey can get your login/password when you log in.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Got the same kind of email a few months back on a motor I had for sale. Total scam. I heard that after they get your paypal ID they will send random invoices to the account requesting payment.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Fricken BS ! All they want is your info to steal your account blind!!! Don't give up shit!!!
What really pisses me off, is these guys are obviously smart enough to pull this kind if crap.But don't want to work like the rest of us to make a dollar. Bastards wasting everyone's time & money.

Ps Good luck selling the car! It's a nice looking ride.

·
Registered
912 Posts
He only needs the email address when exchanging funds through paypal. Any other personal information is unnecessary. The key to the whole deal is to verify that each payment has arrived. You can do that via checking your account online and also verify by phone through paypal as well. Again, you only need email addresses when making transactions on Paypal.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I think they send a Paypal link.... it is a bogus link that hey can get your login/password when you log in.
I think you are on to something there. They certainly don't want your car as they don't even want pictures or anything. They just want the money so they can take it and run

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went through with a deal like this but for much less. The buyer only sent txt messages, he would not answer phone calls or emails only txt. The purchase price was 11,000 so he sent two payments of 5,500 to my paypay. A trucking service called me and scheduled a pick up and when the truck did show up I put the car on the trailer and signed the title, and made sure the money was cleared from paypal into my bank account. I was in NY and the car was going to Texas, so about a week or so later I get an email now with a list of items wrong with the car and invoices for repair bills. He then sent me a letter from a lawyer stating I had time to send the money for repairs about 2500 or I had to refund the entire purchase price 11,000. Now all of the "repairs" were BS there was nothing wrong with the car any issue was explained in the add or via txt. So I had my lawyer reply with a letter stating he had no grounds for this and cant bring me to court in texas and I never herd from him, paypal or his lawyer ever again. long story short I got out ok but for 60K don't do it!

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
if the link is included in the email, its a phishing scam. It will be a site that looks like another site trying to have you enter your log in information. Once you do they have it and total access to your account, and any linked accounts to paypal. They can either drain your bank or go on a buying spree under your name. They also end up with enough information to figure out a SSN to steal your identity.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Standard car buying scam.

Google "paypal car buying scam". There's tons of info. Most likely scenario is they'll claim a problem with the private courier so they'll ask for a Western Union transfer. They'll then dispute the Paypal transaction (if there was one) and get back whatever was there for the car purchase. So you're unlikely to lose your entire car. Just the Western Union amount with the "courier problem".

·
Registered
219 Posts
What they want is your pay pal info. Then they will send you a fake confirmation from a fake Paypal emailwith your info on it that say they put the money in your account and it's good. But they didn't do shit. Then they try to hurry and pick up the item. .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts