Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I know htis is a Scam but explain to me what they are doing? I have a 4 wheeler advertised for sale. They send me an email asking questions and for photos and then I get this.....

Hello

Thanks for the mail,

Am very much okay with the present condition of the 2005 Kawasaki
Prairie 360 4x4,i will be offering you $3400 for the 2005 Kawasaki
Prairie 360 4x4.

i have a pick up agent that we come to your location and pick up the
2005 Kawasaki Prairie 360 4x4 after i have made payment to you via my
paypal account but he insist that i should send him the shipping fee
by western union but have told him that i will adding the shipping fee
to your money and after you receive the payment by paypal then you
then forward the money to the shipping agent to come for the pick up
of the 2005 Kawasaki Prairie 360 4x4 in your location.

I will be adding an extra of $900.00 for shipping fee to the 2005
Kawasaki Prairie 360 4x4 price $3400, if you don't have paypal account
yet, it is very easy to set up, go to www.paypal.com and get it set
up, once you have successfully set up your paypal account, you will
use the request money button located at the top of your paypal account
homepage to request money from my paypal account which is
XXXXXXXX.com once i receive your money request invoice
from paypal.

i will transfer the money to your paypal account, thereafter paypal
will automatically send a payment confirmation notice the moment i
transfer funds to your account.

Kindly send me paypal money request so that i can transfer the funds
to you via paypal as soon as possible to avoid delay.

I will really appreciates your assistance.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
Fake Paypal, he will get $900 off you. Had a local guy fall for this but it was way worse.

Guy bought a car off him for $10k. Sent him 10 US Postal money orders. After he got them and cashed them, the guy said he had a major issue and needed to cancel the deal. Told the guy to keep $2k for his trouble. He did. Check cashing placed called shortly after to say they were counterfeit.

So he was out about $8k.

Ken

·
Registered
333 Posts
they will have you give the "shipping co" the money to transport the 4wheeler who happens to be their buddy. they will turn around and screw you out of the money through paypal by disputing the charge or item

·
Registered
259 Posts
I got the same thing for a Jr car that I am selling.......in my deal if I remember right, they (shipping agent) would have made off with the car, a check for shipping expenses, and paypal payment canceled somehow........

First clue, communication was via e-mail only, would not call, lol lol ..........freeking crooks....

Rick

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Love how it just copies your ad listing in every sentence. Gee, it sounds legit to me..........NOT!

Who talks like that??

·
Peeing In Your Cheerios
8,512 Posts
They will try to tell you that you will need to sent a western union money order to the shipping agent because he wants his comission in advance.

Give them a fake paypal email address but one that you have access too and they will send fake paypal emails too.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Wait until the shipping guy shows up Then tell him the money did not clear. It is more fun to lead them on.

I had a guy send me 10,000 in paypal for a $5000 car. I never even asked for it, he just sent it to my email. Then he tells me this and wants me to send a cashiers check back for the overage. So I sent a check back I made on the computer to string him along. The check name was Bullwinkle Moose then had a Care of Mickey Mouse with the Disneyland Address. They never sent a shipping person, they just wanted a check back.

It probably looked real enough to cash to him, but of course the bank would not take it. He contacted me again a week later to tell me the check was not good. I said Its a Small World ( get it ? ), his paypal account wasn't good either. He said he would sue me and other blah blah blah stuff. I told him I had his mom buried in the back yard with just her head above ground and was going to mow over her head if he ever emailed again.

Remember, you can have alot of fun stringing the bad guys along, sometimes for weeks at a time.

Never heard from him again.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Latest email... I'm sure this is a fake name and address.

Hello

Here

name: richard taylor
address: 2800 polk street
houston,texas,77003 USA.

send me the paypal money request

On 2/3/11, Logan, Steven M <[email protected]> wrote:
> Give me your phone number, name and address and we'll get this
> transaction going.
> Thanks.

·
Senior Frog
10,344 Posts
scamoroama.........I was trying to sell something on Craigslist and got a similar joker wanting to feed me money through paypal
I was worried they had a stolen credit card and with paypals reputation for fuck ups I would looks my deposit down the road

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Was selling some Ford steering knuckles for a Dana 60 through one of the diesel boards. So I had this scammer contact me.

I had the scammer sending me overnight checks to my work address (I gave the numerical address to the police department) :finga:. He overnighted the checks twice to me. Each check had a different person and bank account on it.

He e-mail me if I got the checks. I told him that I'll ship the parts when the checks clear but never deposited the checks. :smt102 Never heard back from him.

But the thing that bugs me is if he scammed UPS for the overnight delivery.

Billy T.
[email protected]

·
Registered
220 Posts
Wait until the shipping guy shows up Then tell him the money did not clear. It is more fun to lead them on.

I had a guy send me 10,000 in paypal for a $5000 car. I never even asked for it, he just sent it to my email. Then he tells me this and wants me to send a cashiers check back for the overage. So I sent a check back I made on the computer to string him along. The check name was Bullwinkle Moose then had a Care of Mickey Mouse with the Disneyland Address. They never sent a shipping person, they just wanted a check back.

It probably looked real enough to cash to him, but of course the bank would not take it. He contacted me again a week later to tell me the check was not good. I said Its a Small World ( get it ? ), his paypal account wasn't good either. He said he would sue me and other blah blah blah stuff. I told him I had his mom buried in the back yard with just her head above ground and was going to mow over her head if he ever emailed again.

Remember, you can have alot of fun stringing the bad guys along, sometimes for weeks at a time.

Never heard from him again.
THAT'S FREAKING AWESOME!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts