Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scaling my 67 chevelle back half ladder bar car and wondering if these numbers look ok. LF 837 RF 787 LR 663 RR 613 with me in it. 32x13.5w with about 850hp at the tire. New build just want a starting point before we hit the track

·
Off the stands for 2018!
19,569 Posts
Scaling my 67 chevelle back half ladder bar car and wondering if these numbers look ok. LF 837 RF 787 LR 663 RR 613 with me in it. 32x13.5w with about 850hp at the tire. New build just want a starting point before we hit the track
56% on the nose......hope your rear suspension/shock package is stout.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Is this with zero preload/ I'm assuming this is with driver. Right rear is too light. If it picks up the front it's going to go right. Right side of the car is 100lbs light. A couple of batteries place on the right rear will held front to rear and right to left. Even then it;ll probably need some preload.
Doug

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wouldn't think I'm too far off considering it's all fiberglass and lexan with an aluminum bbc up front

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doug,
What do you think about adding some lead shot to the RR. I'm thinking it will even up the rear side to side an relieve the LF

·
Registered
16,254 Posts
Doug,
What do you think about adding some lead shot to the RR. I'm thinking it will even up the rear side to side an relieve the LF
I would leave it. Plus 50 on the DR is not a bad thing imo

·
Registered
649 Posts
I would leave it. Plus 50 on the DR is not a bad thing imo
50 heavy on the LR? Mine would be in the right guard rail. Adding weight to the right rear would help. Is it enough? You wont know until you make a pass. I run 2 full size batteries in the RR. At zero preload it is still 1% heavy on the drivers side with me in the car (I'm 200lbs), 54%Front/46%Rear. If it goes right it needs either more right rear weight, preload on the RR, or stiffer shock settings biasing the right rear vs the left. Personally the preload works well for me.
Doug

·
Registered
16,254 Posts
50 heavy on the LR? Mine would be in the right guard rail. Adding weight to the right rear would help. Is it enough? You wont know until you make a pass. I run 2 full size batteries in the RR. At zero preload it is still 1% heavy on the drivers side with me in the car (I'm 200lbs), 54%Front/46%Rear. If it goes right it needs either more right rear weight, preload on the RR, or stiffer shock settings biasing the right rear vs the left. Personally the preload works well for me.
Doug
My Chevy II makes a little more horsepower (975) I mine leaves nicely with +30 on the ds rear. But, as you said, you won't know until you make a pass. Move some weight across to the RR and start from there? Trial and error.

·
Registered
16,254 Posts
Mines never been on the dyno. 1.24/[email protected]/[email protected], 3350lbs foot brake is its best it's run.
Doug
Mine neither. I feel I can learn what I need at the track with a datalog. 8.92 @ 151 @ 3400#. 60' still needs a little work. Tried radials for the first time last fall for the pass mentioned. They are tough! Made some bar adjustment, but thats it. 1.32 60'

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So I put the car back on the scales today, moved some weight around and came up with these numbers. Full of fuel and me in it let me know what you guys think. LF831 RF771 LR708 RR688

1 - 20 of 37 Posts