Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my car on scales today & things are just not right,im a suspension new-b..
LF 842 RF 1047
LR 1012 RR 645
total 3600lbs
Its a 69 camaro ladder bar,strange coil overs single adjust
stock front end with Qa1 R in the front
bbc ,F-2 side slinger & my 220lbs frame inside.
The car runs strait,no theatricals 8.5 @ 160 on average 60's vary from no hook to 1.28 -1.32s ,drag radials foot braking.
when the car is parqued it leans to the RF, tire wear is 2 tires for the left versus 1 for the right.
In need of the power of the Bullet
Thanks Mike

·
Registered
71,923 Posts
Are you sure the scales were reading correctly ?? Those corner weights are so far out of whack. Based on those and that you said your car does "seem" to drive ok, with the exception of high tire wear on the left side, with the 400 lbs difference on the rear tires, I'd expect that thing to be a beast.

If you are confident the scales are correct then do the following:

1st step is to visually check all the rear suspension pieces: brackets, bars, heims, and welds on the rear housing as well as the car's frame.

Then take all the pre-load out of the rear suspension, re-scale it and record those numbers and see where you are at. The goal is to get the weight on the rear tires as equal as possible.

·
Registered
794 Posts
make sure you have all the correct wires going to the correct pad. also make sure you have the correct air pressure in each wheel.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
make sure you have all the correct wires going to the correct pad. also make sure you have the correct air pressure in each wheel.
Everything hoocked up properly,air check
The one thing that migh of thrown it a bit is that we were @the track parking lot fairly level,but not perfect by anymeans.
I plan on checking the bars & mounting points tomorrow,then get those scales in my level garage floor & re-chek, go from there i suppose.
thanks Mike

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also with-out driver
LF 780 RF 1066
LR 917 RR 616
cross 1981 58.6%
left 1697 50.2%
rear 1533 45.3%
total 3379lbs

·
Brewmaster
12,612 Posts
Weird numbers... Just for shits and giggles here are my weights without driver.

LF 908 RF 895
LR 692 RR 693

3188 lbs.

On the scales I borrowed, the cables were miss marked so you had to swap the left side cables front to back. To me, that looks like what might be going on with yours.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the scales I borrowed, the cables were miss marked so you had to swap the left side cables front to back. To me, that looks like what might be going on with yours.[/quote]

I wish, we scaled 3 more cars for the class ,mine is the only one so far out of whack.
I have found a twisted ladder bar mount on the LH side , and my housing is bent!
time for somme new tubes.
Mike

·
I kill parts
10,318 Posts
I wish, we scaled 3 more cars for the class ,mine is the only one so far out of whack.
I have found a twisted ladder bar mount on the LH side , and my housing is bent!
time for somme new tubes.
Mike
At least you found it this way. We found it after disecting what was left of the car to figure out why it made an immediate right going into high gear north or 130mph.

·
Registered
71,923 Posts
ouch !!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quick update housing straightend & braced, new weights with-out driver
LF950 RF919
LR756 RR786
total3411
Anti-roll unhoocked
What does the Bullet think?
cya Mike

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Now check the stagger and put a round of wedge in it. LOL

But you should make sure you dont have any stagger in the back

·
Registered
71,923 Posts
Quick update housing straightend & braced, new weights with-out driver
LF950 RF919
LR756 RR786
total3411
Anti-roll unhoocked
What does the Bullet think?
cya Mike

Was you or your weight equivalent in the driver seat when the car was scaled ?

If you can narrow the difference down to less than 20 lbs - car be in real good shape !!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Heard you were running 8's in Greenfield's heat on the weekend. Is the car all straightened out?
The car is way better now,it hoocked in the am but when the pads got up over 130 ,i turned into a sitting duck for the big tire cars,plus i "adjusted" something and was blowing the tires off @ 500-600 ft mark.
Saturday was nuts the pads reached 155deg.
Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts