Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finishing up my 6 yr. Cahassisworks kit in a 63 Nova. Car will run mid tens. Do not have easy acces to scales. Called Chassisworka and was told for this HP level to not bother with scales, just set the ride height and go. Here is the question. The drivers side ride heght will drop aprox. 1/4" when driver weight is added. Should I set the height with the weight in or without? If set with, then the car will sit 1/4" high without weight. Also if I were to scale, since I did not offset the engine and tranny, my drivers side, front and back, will allways be heavy. I am seeing my springs compressed more on the drivers side to bring the car up to level. Hope that I am makeing sense here.

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
Early Nova's are offset to the passenger side including rearend. Did you put in a complete tube chassis? Chassis are normally set up with driver & ready to race as if you were rolling it to the water box. I would want to scale just to know where your starting point is but to answer your question, call Mike Weddle at Chassisworks to clarify your question since it's their product. Where are you measuring from? 1/4" with driver is what I would consider a normal amount of change.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Complete tube chassis. Mike reccomended to set it with no driver weight, remove the front bolt from the pass. side top bar, add the driver weight, let it drop, then put the bolt back in. This would eliminate any preload. Was just trying to get a second opinion on what is common. I know that most full chassis cars are faster than mine, so it may be an unusual area. If I was doing it again, I would have offset things to give it more balance.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
If you spent all the effort into a chassis I see no reason why you shouldnt go the extra mile and install one. Will remove alot of the variables you talking about.

·
Registered
595 Posts
yes

why would anybody bother setting a car up to go down a race track by setting it up different then race weight. set it up to your class weight, driver, fuel, hood/doors,tire pressure, everything, why bother doing it twice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts