Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of building a turbo charged mustang. i am going with a 9.5deck dart block, but i'm wanting some input on the c.i. size.... the heads i have are TRS-R that flow in the 370 range @ .700. My goal is to make in the 1g range to the rear wheels. i'm thinking pt91 for the turbo with an a/w cooler??? i'm just stumped because i've heard so many different opinions on big bore turbo motors when it comes to cylinder deflection... any input would be greatly appreciated...i was thinkin in the 393-418 range???

·
Registered
724 Posts
is this a race car looking for max power and being really effiecent or a street strip car. max track with that size turbo i would go 360-380 street strip car you want to spool easy then 408 ish

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ok This is what I would do 4" stroke small bore ,(4.030- .060 Why this willl help you spool and have room to grow (Future machining)

·
Registered
868 Posts
Go to Portland, and talk with Jacob Flores, live by the car wash, he has a black 5.0 as well, and he knows EVERYTHING!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I had same heads with a 4 inch stroke 4.125 bore making it a 427c.i people said it was to big for the heads but al i can say is that we peg the dynojet at 1600.hp 6600rpms 24lbs of boost with a 114mm spooled perfect with a tight ass chance convertor! Car ran 7.54 blowing it up at the 1000 ft marker rolling threw the traps!Vacum line came regulater at that was that! Build it once and be done with it go big and save money time and energy by doing it once, i would go no smaller then a 106 and i would do the 427 like i stated. compression is your freind dont be scared of it, people say no but imo 8.5to1 is like going back to the 90,s!

·
Registered
49,841 Posts
tight bore centers on the sbf make it less then ideal for large bore builds at big big boost, unless you goto some drastic steps like double oring copper gasket stuff. 4inch bore will make the same power as a 4.125 and in thoery will actually make mroe due to less blow by, but it'll be harder to spool up.

i'd go with a 4inch stroke, you got the deck hieght for a nice piston and rod combo. 408 ci will make just as much power as 427ci with less headgasket trouble and better ring seal.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had same heads with a 4 inch stroke 4.125 bore making it a 427c.i people said it was to big for the heads but al i can say is that we peg the dynojet at 1600.hp 6600rpms 24lbs of boost with a 114mm spooled perfect with a tight ass chance convertor! Car ran 7.54 blowing it up at the 1000 ft marker rolling threw the traps!Vacum line came regulater at that was that! Build it once and be done with it go big and save money time and energy by doing it once, i would go no smaller then a 106 and i would do the 427 like i stated. compression is your freind dont be scared of it, people say no but imo 8.5to1 is like going back to the 90,s!
I have the same motor combo and a 91mm went [email protected] in the 1/8

1 - 10 of 10 Posts