Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has got a SBF with a fogger set at 200HP 20f/26n . What would be a good starting point on timing and fuel pressure?

It's in a stock suspension Mustang.
All we know about the motor is it has good parts inside.
13-1 comp.
Trick flow heads.
Supposedly built for nitrous.

I told him to sell it and buy a chevy, but he wouldn't listen. LOL

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
fuel 5psi, timing 20 degrees total and make sure after each pass he picks the bowties out the exhaust they get caught up in there alot times

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Yes, alot less timing i have tuned both sbf and sbc and the 20 will be a little low but it should be safe to start. and also a sbf does not like fuel, the leaner the better. if you put the timing a sbc needs to run in a sbf usually it will burn it up. the sbf heads are much more effiecient than most of the sbc castings. 20 degree vs 23 degree heads. just what i have found. good luck

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
my last combo afr 205 heads 383 sbf ran 6.40s on motor and 5.70-5.80 on a 28 pill in the fogger 28n 20 fuel at 20 degrees timing. we where running a local 5.95 index ran all seson no problems

·
Registered
763 Posts
A friend of mine has got a SBF with a fogger set at 200HP 20f/26n . What would be a good starting point on timing and fuel pressure?

It's in a stock suspension Mustang.
All we know about the motor is it has good parts inside.
13-1 comp.
Trick flow heads.
Supposedly built for nitrous.

I told him to sell it and buy a chevy, but he wouldn't listen. LOL

i run close to the same in a sbc... 26n/20f 13:1 388 i'm at 29* and 8.5#fp on the 10#fp tune from NX,, tune is safe.. 6800-7500DA

·
Registered
767 Posts
victor headed sbf ran 24n/20f pulling 8* at 6lbs on a nos fogger. Its fat. But i dont know that i would start at 5lbs on a 26/20, maybe work down to it to be safe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts