Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what were some of the quickest nitrous cars been to the 1/8th using victor jr heads.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been [email protected] at 3050# with a doulble cross plate jetted with 2x.085's

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I did my own porting and when I had them freshened up with new valves last go around my head guy said he touched them up a little bit. I only took away material from around the valve guide area and they flowed around 315 cfm at .600-.650 lift on the intake and exhaust was generally around 75% of that. I took and machined the diagonal header pattern into the exhaust side so I eliminated the adapter plate, that was always a restriction on mine because the bolt holes were so close to the port.

·
Registered
843 Posts
those are some pretty decent heads. 2yrs ago my brother dropped a valve the night before the nmra charlotte race. we put the spare short block in and the only heads laying around was a set of victor jrs, straight out of the box. anyways, he ran pretty good and won the race, nmra renegade. he went 5.58 and 8.70. that was with a 1.30 60ft but it was august in charlotte,nc --car normally went 1.23-1.24. 347, hyd 550 cam, wilson plate.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
those are some pretty decent heads. 2yrs ago my brother dropped a valve the night before the nmra charlotte race. we put the spare short block in and the only heads laying around was a set of victor jrs, straight out of the box. anyways, he ran pretty good and won the race, nmra renegade. he went 5.58 and 8.70. that was with a 1.30 60ft but it was august in charlotte,nc --car normally went 1.23-1.24. 347, hyd 550 cam, wilson plate.
Who is real good at getting the MAX out of these victor jr's. I have had a real good cnc program done on them, but I was wondering if anybody could do a hand blend after the fact to get any more out of them.

·
Registered
843 Posts
kuntz and co.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Who is real good at getting the MAX out of these victor jr's. I have had a real good cnc program done on them, but I was wondering if anybody could do a hand blend after the fact to get any more out of them.

What size valves do you have in them? What csa are you at, and what size/rpm of motor?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Chapman. My brother has been 191 with a set ported by them. At the time a rep from Edelbrock said that was the fastest with them. It was a turbo car though, out dated 98mm.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What size valves do you have in them? What csa are you at, and what size/rpm of motor?
I still have the stock 2.05/1.60 valves. I have no idea what csa means!!! Motor is a 9.5 deck 427 and I spin it about 7800

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How much will putting a bigger intake valve help out?

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
You have some room to grow for sure! The bigger valve helps on big inch motors, cause it opens up the mcsa(throat). Csa is the actual measurment of the port size, not cc's.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I have a version that flows 340 and will make over 720 hp na in a nitrous motor. DTS dyno.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts