Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying a set of assembled heads from a well known supplier, but I have some concerns:

1. Are the valves that come in the heads from TFS good enough to support 1300 + hp? I believe they are EV-8 valves?
  2. Are the valve springs worth using? MR good to .700 lift...not sure what the seat & over the nose ratings are?
  3. Would I be better off just buying them bare and getting Manley Severe Duty valves?
  4. I will probably be going to a SR cam this time...looking to shift around 7500 or so...should I run shaft mount rockers and who makes them for High Ports?
Lastly and most importantly, will these heads work with my Diamond In-Line valve relief pistons? I will check PTV clearance as always, but didn't know if the HP valve spacing would cause any issues...again, don't want to buy another set of pistons.

My goal is to make 1300 hp with my current 347 combination. I definitely do not want to have any valve heads come off because of the extreme heat/cylinder pressure.

I'd love to hear that I could just buy them, bolt them on with new SR valve train and add boost. Definitely not looking to buy/build a set of $4000+ heads for my street car.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have these heads on my motor bought them assembled from TEA and I haven't had any issues making that kind of power with them. I shifted the motor around 7500 with a solid roller. Didn't have shaft mount rockers just run girdles and I have diamond off the shelf pistons in my motor.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have these heads on my motor bought them assembled from TEA and I haven't had any issues making that kind of power with them. I shifted the motor around 7500 with a solid roller. Didn't have shaft mount rockers just run girdles and I have diamond off the shelf pistons in my motor.
Good to know...thank you for the reply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts