Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Getting too much oil thru the windows on the Comp lifters (Race Elite's) so we need to restrict the galleys .... What size orifice would be recommended for "both" galleys?

Moroso external pump,lots of fluctuation with these and had no issues with previous comp's (838's)

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm, over 50 views and no-one has had to run restrictors on an svo block ? Moroso sells a restrictor kit for SBF that come w a single restrictor that has .100 orifice.... This single restrictor cannot be used in the main galley that feeds the lifter oil tunnels on this block .... however, we can restrict the tunnels which will net the same results but it will require 1 restrictor at each tunnel, ... logic says .050 each one ?

Tried hitting up Mr Vincent and haven't heard back, I know he has done a bit of work with these that I've seen through a search here, but nothing specific on this issue with the svo

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
to TOTALLY CURE
the oiling distribution problem..
the best mannor is to make a manifold with small lines to feed each lifter bore..
this way, you can limit each one as seen needed to fit.

don't laff
ir think that I am crazy///...
because many do this sort of thing and dont tell you....

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
The common theme to these "I need to restrict my sbf lifter gallery" threads is Comp lifters, put some morels in it and set the clearance at .0015 and forget all about restricting the gallery.

If you don't want to do that .050 per side is plenty.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
The common theme to these "I need to restrict my sbf lifter gallery" threads is Comp lifters, put some morels in it and set the clearance at .0015 and forget all about restricting the gallery.

If you don't want to do that .050 per side is plenty.
I have to agree as Comp lifters are to small compared to the Morel lifters more lifter bore clearance = no oil control.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies .....

The builder seems to thing it's the design of the "Elite Race lifter" with the "open window" incorporated into the body itself that is the issue .... I personally don't know the lifter to bore specs,... however, I will know by lunchbreak if they didn't assemble it last night

Thanks again ....

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Vincent, Kuntz, or Proline could help you with this.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is no one answer for this I think mine is .090 each plug. I had them .060 but lifters were scoring.
So at .090 has your situation improved w the galling/scoring? What type of oiling system & pressure do ya have?

I'll be headed there shortly, but I did get an update on the clearances which are @ .0014 so appears to be good there

·
Registered
842 Posts
Thanks for the replies .....

The builder seems to thing it's the design of the "Elite Race lifter" with the "open window" incorporated into the body itself that is the issue .... I personally don't know the lifter to bore specs,... however, I will know by lunchbreak if they didn't assemble it last night

Thanks again ....
The elite style lifters do not use an edge orfice like the 838s and most other lifters so, jacking with the lifter to bore clearance is not where you attack.

The hole at the o.d. of the seat cup is what you may adjust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts