Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm in the process of switching combos but can't seem to find the right I.d locator needed for my Trick Flow twisted wedge heads. Here's a rundown. Valve springs are Anderson HR-20018 (170lb seat 590lb open) which have an i.d. of .805" Anderson recommends a locator part number tfs-2140040 but that locator is for a .570" guide. All newer style (made within the past 8 years from what im told) twisted wedge heads use a .505" guide, including mine which are in great shape. Called trick flow yesterday and they recommended a Crower locator of all things. Part number 68938-16. This one won't work either! Does anyone know of a locator that will fit a .505" guide, .805" spring i.d., and an o.d. size of 1.500 or 1.550"? Replacing guides are an option but pulling good ones out sucks too. Trying to run these springs with a 272/278* .656/.656" hydraulic roller in a 14:1 363" sbf.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I just went through this same situation with my TFS heads...

What is the OD of the Anderson spring? You may be able to cut the pockets and run a cup instead of an ID locator.

I use a beehive style spring and ended up opening up the ID of the locator to .750. I then made a .001 press fit "sleeve" for the locator with a .505 ID.

Prior to this I had a set of ID locators that I turned down the OD in the lathe so they would fit the ID of the TFS spring cups with .003 clearance. I had some shims that fit the TFS spring cup ID perfectly and would run the shims between the TFS cup and ID locator. I never had any problems turning a hydraulic roller to 8600 rpm with that set up. The only reason I went to the "sleeved" locator is because I was bored and looking for something to do in the shop that day...

You may want to search for some LS locators. I believe the LS uses .500 guides.

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Use a locater with an outer edge instead of an inner.

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
^^^^^^^^^SAME QUESTION? IS THE GUIDE SUPPORT TOTALLY MACHINED OFF?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts