Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I have the March setup for my alternator. I run an alternator, water pump, crank, and power steering. I want to get rid of the power steering and use a manual rack. So how should I run my serpertine belt with the alternator, water pump, and crank?

·
Grizzly
45,815 Posts
buy a waterpump for a 85 ltd its the forword rotation ---thats how i do them and use the stock belt tensioner that bolts to the alternator

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
509 Posts
Yes that is what I'm using now....
Thats how i have mine, but i am still using the stock size pullies, belt around crank and alt. and touches about 1 1/2 to 2 inches on the passenger side of the waterpump pulley
Always ran it that way and never had an issue

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would I be better off with a larger or smaller crank pulley? Also would I be better off with a larger or smaller water pump pulley?

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Need this back to the top. I have used every belt I can find from below 40'' and they are to short. I have used 40'' and they are to big. So I need to get a different size pulley or something.

·
Registered
508 Posts
which march set up do you have? the one i got came with a diagram of how to route the belt. the belt goes around the alternater, down the backside of the water pump( left side if facing the engine from the front), and around the crank then back up to the alternater. the belt is well under 40". i'd have to go look to give you an exact length.

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
which march set up do you have? the one i got came with a diagram of how to route the belt. the belt goes around the alternater, down the backside of the water pump( left side if facing the engine from the front), and around the crank then back up to the alternater. the belt is well under 40". i'd have to go look to give you an exact length.
I have the March kit for the alternator and I have ASP pullies!!!

I will try and find a picture.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Guys I have the March setup for my alternator. I run an alternator, water pump, crank, and power steering. I want to get rid of the power steering and use a manual rack. So how should I run my serpertine belt with the alternator, water pump, and crank?
get a high flow electric water pump, that gets rid of that pulley and go with a underdrive pulley for the crank and put a low mount alternator setup and get a 31" belt, problem solved, looks good and opens up the motor compartment

1 - 16 of 16 Posts