Yellow Bullet Forums banner

SBF remote oil filter

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  nastenotch 
#1 ·
Looking to put forward facing headers on my foxbody, so the oil filter has to be moved. The ford racing 90 degree filter relocation is on backorder everywhere. I found a complete bracket that is similar, came off of a ford explorer with a 5.0. Anybody have experience using one of those on a modified windsor build?

See less See more
#2 ·

Run braided line from the block to this. I mounted this on the outside frame rail ahead of the tire. The center outlet on the adapter is used to feed the turbo or turbos. -4 lines to the turbo. -10 lines from the block to the adapter. I believe it was 10 lines. May have been-8 . I used the shorty oil filter the 500s motor craft filter.

#3 ·
I had a Canton Racing remote set up on my 351w, with -10 lines. In chasing an oil press problem,I removed it,and picked up 10 psi. -12 lines might have been better,didn't try.

The piece in the pic is a stock Ford part,I'm sure you'd be ok with it.

#4 ·
Was it one of those narrow black ones with a 90* in and 90* out ? Looks kind of like a hockey puck with a nut in the middle of it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.