Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sbf (Siamese bore dry sump svo block)9.5 deck 4.030 bore 4"stroke 6.25" rod..originally I had Brodix Neal 202's on it and sold them when they were not welcome in a local class,bought tfs r top end with cut/raised intake runners and also bought a Yates c3 top end...planned on using the r top end but found cracks in the ports that can't be fixed due to thin walls letting weld blow through so that leaves me with the Yates top end..is there any way the Yates will work with my current Neal spec pistons?im out over $5k on the r top end and don't want to spend another couple grand for pistons and machine work...if it comes to that I will sell the Yates set up and add some money and get a Brodix 201 set up I found.what heads could be used with Brodix Neal cut pistons?

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told by diamond when i had c3 they would not work with the neals i got from ya. So take that for what its worth. Can prob call a piston company and find out for sure but i had to get diff ones
That's what I am afraid of.it would probably be best if they wouldn't work(best for the engine,not for my bank acct)I can take what pistons and machine shop will cost,add it to what my c3's will sale for and buy some bf201's that I tracked down.

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what I am afraid of.it would probably be best if they wouldn't work(best for the engine,not for my bank acct)I can take what the pistons and machine shop will cost and add it to what my c3's will sale for and buy some bf201's that I tracked down.
Fixed it

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It definately needs a bigger bore.if i HAVE to buy pistons,it wil definately go bigger..4.100 or so.i should have ever sold the Neal's that were on it before.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
FWIW I've got a similar mismatched setup.I've got BRC pistons for BF-200's and I'm using a 20 deg. head(highport).I checked everything and I had enough piston to valve clearance.I think the fact that I've only got around .700 lift helps.It's been together that way for over 2 years.You might want to check and see if it'll work.Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts