Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
YB Liar and Chief
29,136 Posts
Looks like aeration of some kind to me with the drops/spikes/drops/spikes. Try a mechanical guage with a go pro visual? Hard to trust that datalog when it seems like rpms/driveshaft/oil pressure are fluctuating in harmony? Should they? I don't think so.

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
most likely your pump is cavitating, with an external pump you would need a -16 inlet line and fittings. Common problem on SBF with too small of pick up box/tube.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
I have a customer with a Dart SBF block that had issues past about 330ft mark. It is a turbo engine but to a degree this still applies to a NA setup. The heads had very limited drain back provisions. Blow-by was trying to get to the valve cover and oil was trying to go down the same route with only gravity on its side. Needless to say it was lofting most of the oil in the heads. Opened up all the drain areas and slotted pushrod holes as large as possible. Top end pressure is way better now. Some people blame HV pumps etc for pumping the pan dry which is in many cases only half the story. They are pumping the pan dry because the oil return is so shitty not necessarily all the pump's fault. Obviouslythinner oil, crank scraper, good windage tray etc all help too but the oil has to make it back to the crankcase before they can do their part. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Thanks a lot for the all the advice guys, I really appreciate it.

I am going to remove the engine and check everything out.

Sent from my SM-T595 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,275 Posts

41 - 48 of 48 Posts