Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
Im interested to hear about some bad ass SBF combos around 360-427inches with a conventional inline heads.....how much power and how fast have you gone N/A.....cheers

·
Registered
641 Posts
My 427, last year ran a best of 10.22 @131 before the cam pin broke. The cam was originally designed and ran in a 408, then put in the 427. I had Bullet cams design and cut one specifically for the 427. My best guess it was around 620 fwhp. I'm hoping with this new cam it will be around 650ish. Hoping to bump into the high 9's.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I did a 438 for a guy. Not a 'Max' effort deal though, to be fair. Dart alum. block & Pro-Topline heads (220 cc, I think they were...). Uses the 'Small' header pattern with 1 5/8" stepped to 1 3/4" headers. 660 HP on pump gas. 570 or 580 TQ. I think it was...

·
Registered
78 Posts
We made 803 hp with our Kuntz and Company 417" Brodix Track1 X combo. This was not an all out "Max Effort" combo either. We used a 2924 intake and a Pro System 4150 carb. As soon as Lenny at UCC is finished with the new converter we will find out what its going to run.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys,,,,does Kuntz and co supply CNC head packages....i have also heard alot about the Victor Gliddens,,,who has the best port programs for these castings??

·
Registered
4,798 Posts
Thanks guys,,,,does Kuntz and co supply CNC head packages....i have also heard alot about the Victor Gliddens,,,who has the best port programs for these castings??
I have several projects going together now with my VG-2, ..
Gaby Labiosa ( ex-wilsons) is doing a N/A build and so is Pat Musi, ..
both cast single 4's, .. heads make power.
around 448cfm @ 1", ..

·
Premium Member
102,312 Posts
When was this and does anyone know what kind of HP Hanlen was making then? Love this car by the way.
Think that video is from 2005 or 06. I think he was making somewhere close to 805 on that engine. It was a High Ported headed 360.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I am currently trying to finish my 440" windsor with TEA R heads and a clucthless 5 speed...do not have dyno #'s but with a glide in it and the car set up for nitrous I went 9.60'S....has aluminum rods, 16.1 com. and a 2924 intake.......I just changed the cam and it isn't all out....this is just a toy and to have a little fun.......can't afford to run with all these guys, Bob Hanlons car is my favorite!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
This is what is going together for my wagon
Fordstrokers 418 0 balance
Duane Busch Ported Canfields 221CC with a 2.08 intake valve
Duane Busch ported super vic
4150 throttle body
10.7 C/R
CI cam 303/320 .633"/.629"
Accufab 1 7/8" longtubes
3 1/2" exhaust
No idea what it will make, or what it will run yet, still a ways from having it together, but it is going into this ;)

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
BTW, not implying my set up is "bad ass", it should be a fun driver that I can go anywhere with, but still goes pretty hard.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi Guys
Im interested to hear about some bad ass SBF combos around 360-427inches with a conventional inline heads.....how much power and how fast have you gone N/A.....cheers
Kuntz, Pettis, Roush all have fast sbf N/A combos on true 10.5 tires

Pettis proking... 8.2x 1/4 under PSCA hot street rules

Roush 8.2x 1/4 under psca rules Hot Street in Vegas

Kuntz power 8.2x in PSCA hot Street

on the chassis dyno..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh8khvlS8pI

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Whats the engine size or specs on the Pettis 8.2 Pro King deal ?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts