Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to build a sbf nos motor saw a good deal on these blocks seeing if anyone has had good luck with them

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
If it has cleveland mains, be prepared to pay @$1700 on a crank (Scat). Don`t ask how I know.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I run that block in my notch (408 with F1R). Have had great luck with it.

When I brought it to my engine builder they were very impressed.

Take it for what it's worth.....

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
If it has cleveland mains, be prepared to pay @$1700 on a crank (Scat). Don`t ask how I know.
huh?!?

Im running a man-o-war block, no issues at all, 3" main. it would be nice to have heads that make use out of the extra head bolts. Not sure what they weigh compared to DART but I know the dam thing is really heavy

·
Registered
1,745 Posts

$1100 Ebay block?

a quick search on corral will show you alot of recent purchases of world blocks havent gone so well regarding their 8.2 deck blocks. either odd sized mains or junk castings have been making it to market with discount prices. i havent used one, nor can you trust alot of what you read on the net..... so just take this with a grain of salt. you might come out ahead with a dart if you cant have the manowar checked out by your machinist before purchasing. good luck!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
$1100 Ebay block?

a quick search on corral will show you alot of recent purchases of world blocks havent gone so well regarding their 8.2 deck blocks. either odd sized mains or junk castings have been making it to market with discount prices. i havent used one, nor can you trust alot of what you read on the net..... so just take this with a grain of salt. you might come out ahead with a dart if you cant have the manowar checked out by your machinist before purchasing. good luck!
I got mine direct from World Products for a very good price but it was an 8.2 block with 2.75 Cleveland mains. Had to use custom crank.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
I got mine direct from World Products for a very good price but it was an 8.2 block with 2.75 Cleveland mains. Had to use custom crank.
I got the same block and picked up a new scat crank from world for $800 when I purchased it. $1600 total into crank and block, no problems with the block during assembly.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Why would you get a 8.2 with Cleveland mains that makes no since if it has 302 mains u can get NASCAR cranks that are awesome for decent price. If its a 9.5 with 2.75 u can get those everywhere too

·
having fun
31,328 Posts
iron eagle here--9.2 deck with 2.75 mains...

smaller main means more oil around the bearing and higher rpm potention without oil starvation issues at the mains

·
having fun
31,328 Posts
huh?!?

Im running a man-o-war block, no issues at all, 3" main. it would be nice to have heads that make use out of the extra head bolts. Not sure what they weigh compared to DART but I know the dam thing is really heavy

how many rpms you turning?

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
I just picked up a Man o war block used. It's a 302 with 302 mains....it had been in a car running, he wasted a head gasket and then parted it out.

Hope I'm not in for any surprises....

It's part number 087-110 (3.990 bore, 2.248 main/billet)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
They are great blocks. Been running one since they first came out and it just survived a broken crank unscathed

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
how many rpms you turning?

8,000 plus, havent noticed anything wrong.. I cracked a stock block so I just used this as a replacement so I didnt have to buy a new crank. Not sure why everyone is afraid of 3" mains, I understand the 2.75 is better when starting from scratch but I havent noticed any issues with the 3" been using it for many years and tear it down every winter.

Car runs 5.2-5.3's on 2 foggers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts