Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to run reverse cooling in my sbf but I would like to fill the water passages in the block and the head so that if the head lifts under boost it doesn't pressurize the coolant system. I am also looking to run a copper head gasket so i would also need the o-rings installed in the head and the block receiver grooved. Does anyone know of a machine shop that can close up the water passages and take care of the rest of the machine work? I would prefer some one in the Northeast.

Thanks

·
THREAD KILLER
5,135 Posts
I believe he just wants to cap the gasket surface area. A lot of guys have done it and just ran external lines to connect the flow path so if you do lift a head you get no water leaky.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The water would be run through the heads first than through the block. This will all have to be set up with external lines and pump. Like said above if lift the head I will not have to worry about the coolant system being pressurized. From want I am told worth a little in performance as well.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Check Andy Jensen. .In pa. He could probably help you out and only 4hrs or so away. Good luck. Have ran your car since its back together. I remember see you at the island years ago before your new build. Always loved how clean that thing was.

·
THREAD KILLER
5,135 Posts
Nothing it just provides more uniform cooling as the water doesnt get preheated in the block before going into the heads that are hotter to begin with. That helps keep the head surface flat. About the only draw back is removing the air pockets in the system but that isnt a big deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts