Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Ive been using the 1262R gasket for years and never had a leak, using basic ultra black permatex. Are you sure you dont have an issue with crank case pressure? With the R4 being so thick, it takes a pretty large bead on the china rails to fill that gap.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Is it actually pushing the bead of silicone out, or coming around it? I extend the bead from the rail, up onto the intake gasket maybe 3/8" and create a bit of a dam.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Btw, I don't run a pcv either but both of my valve covers are vented with -10 AN fittings to a catch can. My next set of valve covers will have atleast -12 if not -16.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
It may not be related at all, just figured it was worth mentioning. I've seen guys push gaskets on N/A combos because they changed to intakes without pcv provisions and never thought to vent the valve covers at all.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I wonder if the -10 on each cover is not enough, I'm pretty much out of real estate, to mount another can anywhere, hopefully I just suck at laying down a solid silicone bead, let's hope the ford RTV does the trick.
I think your issue is the silicone placement. I run overly excessive ring gaps and my 383 has been fine with the -10's at 16#'s. It may become an issue as you turn yours up. You'll know if it pushes the dipstick out, lol.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
My didpstick is a locking LOKAR one, it's useless, it's under the header and I have to check from underneath, real awkward, I wish I would've drilled some holes on the pan to run a clear tube for a visable oil level if that makes sense
I have a locking Lokar for my transmission. Yours sounds like a horrible design. Do you have to jack up the car to check the oil? I know what you mean about the fluid level. I've seen lots of those on cooling reservoirs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts