Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a trick flow r intake and i was thinking about switching the intake. its on a 347 stroker with twin turbos.

what are all you guys using for intakes?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm running a ported vic senior. Works well with lower RPM motors under boost.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Very nice.... What size turbo????
Its a work in progress, cleaning up everything but thank you. The turbo is a Precision GT4788. Most of the engine and turbo system is just temporary. Once I build my new engine, I will be putting the turbo out front.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yup same one I got, don't know why I said "vic senior". Its a super vic efi with a forward facing sullivan intake.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Put a box upper on the R lower and call it done.

Wont have to worry about the distribution issues that the converted carb intake has.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I run trick flow R with the Richard box upper....

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Don't laugh, but i am running the Edelbrock Performer II intake. I tried the TFS R-Box set up and the car didn't go any faster. It lost a ton of low/mid range and was a bitch to get up on boost compared to the Performer II.

BUT - I have a 3000 rpm converter, shift at 6500-6700 rpm, drive it on the street, etc. So the Performer just works better for my combination.

Oh, my 3450lb car has gone 8.49 at 164mph with the Performer II with 21lbs boost so it's not a slug.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Topfun was your car in MM&FF a few years back? Running true street and driving across a couple states?

·
Registered
16,472 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I run a TFS R intake the long runner one. No complaints here. I would like to try the box upper though or maybe find a sheetmetal one.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
That car is the real deal! Drive thousands of miles and still click off 8 second passes!
Thanks. That year (2010) I drove the car from Orlando to the NMRA race in Atlanta and back home. Then a few months later I drove it to the NMRA race at ZMAX in Charlotte. Each trip was 1000+ roundtrip miles.

Right now I'm living in NM. I'm currently doing some routine maitenance on the car. If I can get everything back together in time I'm going to drive it 2000 miles to Bradenton, Fl. to compete in the NMRA Spring Break Shootout.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Are you military? I'm just over the mountains in Roswell.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Thanks. That year (2010) I drove the car from Orlando to the NMRA race in Atlanta and back home. Then a few months later I drove it to the NMRA race at ZMAX in Charlotte. Each trip was 1000+ roundtrip miles.

Right now I'm living in NM. I'm currently doing some routine maitenance on the car. If I can get everything back together in time I'm going to drive it 2000 miles to Bradenton, Fl. to compete in the NMRA Spring Break Shootout.
Awesome Car...A real "True Street" car that's actually driven to the track and then back home.

Good Luck, hope you make to Bradenton...

John

1 - 20 of 27 Posts