Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
12,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a holley systemax upper and lower it served its purpose with my s trim but I'm looking into other options for my new setup.

I'm thinking of selling the systemax upper and lower and getting a super vic lower and a Wilson elbow. It's an efi car and i currently have aeromotive fuel rails. Will my rails bolt up to the super vic lower?

I'm thinking the super vic lower and the Wilson upper will outflow the systemax and it'll make the car much cleaner looking under the hood and easier to work on.

Suggestions / ideas??

Thanks

·
Registered
12,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
544 Posts
I believe the victors come with a custom fuel rail. Stock style wont work I dont think. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. I know my Jr has a different style rail.

·
Registered
12,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^ Thats one I havent considered. Whats it flow in comparison to the holley systemax?

·
Registered
12,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all forged 353ci blower motor, twisted wedge heads, with a novi 2000 on it.

·
Registered
4,635 Posts
Sorry..I must have really got you thinking after I asked..Any of the box intakes should work..Does Downs Ford still make their Box intake??

·
Registered
347 Posts
The tfs box is way better than the downs. On my n/a 302 the tfs box was worth 20 over the system and made the same torque!! The tfs is GREAT on blown apps! You won't regret it. And you can use your existing rails etc.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Just a regular victor with the rails will be fine. Super vic will work but will need a taller hood and will be more than you need for the 2000. The rails that come with them are really nice and are easy to mirror polish. You can make another rail fit with some brackets. I would use the victor over any of the boxes IMO and not as tall either.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
there is a nice tfs r box intake on craigslist here in Tampa for sale...may be worth looking into...i prefer the EFI style intakes because of better air distribution with forced induction

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
TFS Box!!!
This ^^^^^^^^

Just throwing it out there but I do have a fully ported Foxlake Trickflow R lower I just took off my car. Can't use it anymore went to a 9.2 deck engine. PM if you want details

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Hey Rob,
Brian has the TFS box on his car and loves it. I vote for that or a Vic. Jr.

........good thing I haven't installed your intake yet lol.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Chad Branson went in the 4's with one

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Most people will tell you to do a Vic or super Vic and elbow, but I can attest to air distribution issues! I now have a race ported lower and Reichard upper. So far so good!! My next step will be a sheet metal intake. I won't do the carb style again boosted without extensive porting and balancing of the runners.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I'm pretty sure Kurgan runs a Trickflow Box. I had a Trickflow lower and Reichard upper on a 363 running in the 4's

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
untouched TFS box UPPER and port matched lower... 4.86 @ 148 weighing 3340lbs with the old xi-trim... soon to be much faster

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
He is only running and novi-2000 and in a street car. Don't you think the victor jr is easier to package under the hood. I had the box on my car and had to run a cowl. The vic JR is under a stock hood ais easier to get around. Bob I need to talk to you next week about about some wiring and tuning on a car.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts