I know kooks makes a set for them but also heard that they
Hang a little low. Ground Clarence issues
Any input would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
And yes I tried the search thing first no help

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I have a 9.5 deck with hiports. The kooks fit like shit from what I heard. I went thru 4 sets of headers and said screw it and had some built. The closet to fitting was the hooker super comps. They will hang a little low but lots of people use them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Is your car low? If you run a mid plate you will need to modify a tube or two also.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
you could also check accufab....but of course the best fitting are the custom one made

·
Registered
317 Posts
I bought a set of hooker sc's 2" x 3.5" yet to fit em as they along with my engine are still in the US. I went with these after a couple of fox guys reccomended them.
I have 9.5 with high ports. HKR 6228, there's another part number think only difference is don't come with adapter plates for stock inline bolt patten. I got a deal on a new ceramic set for $500.
Looked at Kooks but 90% of opinion was shit fit.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
If I don't like my hookers I'm gonna have a set made. I hate the adapter plate bullshit

·
Registered
886 Posts
Look at cprparts.com, they made the ones I have, 9.5 block, afr225 heads, foxbody. They fit great (better than the MACs I had before), don't hang too low, I didn't have to "massage" or dent them anywhere. But, if you're in a big hurry, don't bother.

·
Billy438Stroker
5,634 Posts
I will find my part # on Kooks headers that fit real good..These i have will fit a fox or sn95..I will post a pic also...They were made for the fox, but i lower the k-member 3/8 and they fit perfect on my 95 stang

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any one use accufab ones
How do they fit
just got an email back from them
710.00 made to order for the 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 step with a 3in collector

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
I have had my set of RCI headers for about 14 years now....just had them redone..... been coated twice....they are no longer around but George Klasse used to work for them back then and now he works for accufab.....dont know if its the same header but they were good to me

·
Registered
713 Posts
d&d on my fox with a 9.5 and victor jrs with a glide with ultra bell. only had to massage ultra bell a little around starter but chassis wise not too low and great fit around steering shaft. but heard the super comps work really well also. just dont last , cheap paint. but if u have them coated u r still saving money and have a good product.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts