Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently running vic jrs on my 427 sbf that have been cnc'd. Looking to upgrade my heads, any opinions on the trickflow high port 240's or 250's? I would like to stay with a 20° head. Not opposed to the edelbrock vics, just didn't want to have to convert to a shaft style rocker. Let me know your thoughts on power gains, etc. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Currently running vic jrs on my 427 sbf that have been cnc'd. Looking to upgrade my heads, any opinions on the trickflow high port 240's or 250's? I would like to stay with a 20° head. Not opposed to the edelbrock vics, just didn't want to have to convert to a shaft style rocker. Let me know your thoughts on power gains, etc. Thanks.
If you have to re-use the existing headers, AFR 205 cylinder heads have the same exhaust port locations so it's an easy swap out. If you don't mind buying new headers then the TFS High Port heads are definitely worth more power over the Vic Jrs.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Jim Kuntz Track 1 head is another 20° option. I swapped heads on my 417" last year and picked up around 100 hp over out of the box CNC ported Brodix Tr1 225's. Its been 5.78 so far with 14 runs on it and a tight converter. I changed the converter in June but haven't been back out to test.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies. I'm currently running a set of Kooks 1-7/8" to 3.5 collector headers now. Of course they came with the adaptor plates to mate to the vic jrs. I had the heads drilled and heli-coiled to eliminate the adaptor plates and am now using the diagonal bolt pattern. I'm not sure if the diagonal bolt pattern is on the same centers as the highports or not. If they are, then I could reuse my headers which would be a huge plus.

·
Registered
981 Posts
If you have to re-use the existing headers, AFR 205 cylinder heads have the same exhaust port locations so it's an easy swap out. If you don't mind buying new headers then the TFS High Port heads are definitely worth more power over the Vic Jrs.

Is there an improvement going from a set of well done victor jrs to a set of cnc'd AFR 205? What makes the AFR a better head? Not challenging your post, trying understand why. thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts