Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a sbf engine mount crank support? I've tried searching the forum, and looked online, but only found some custom fabricated units. I have some fab skills for the aluminum plate, but any suggestions for the mandrel piece on the crank? Or anyone making the kit? Thanks.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Pro charger used to sell one. Haven't looked into one for a long time. The gear drives pretty much made them obsolete.

·
Registered
697 Posts
We used to buy one for the side slinger and it was the same for reverse belt. It attached to a mandrel and was a plate that bolted to the block or engine plates. It worked well.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We used to buy one for the side slinger and it was the same for reverse belt. It attached to a mandrel and was a plate that bolted to the block or engine plates. It worked well.
That sounds like what I'm looking for, but I cannot find anything on the Procharger web site regarding it.

·
Registered
697 Posts
That sounds like what I'm looking for, but I cannot find anything on the Procharger web site regarding it.
You can call and ask for kery. He has been there a while and might be able to help you. If not good luck finding one. Chris used to work there and is a member here. Hopefully he will see this and chime in.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll try calling Procharger when I'm ready, if they can't help I'll probably use an RCD plate and do some fabrication to fit. It just seems odd that for all the sbf out there with chargers that someone would be marketing one for use without a motor plate. At a reasonable price that is......

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Stupid question........can you run a front engine plate with the transmission cross member instead of a rear plate, or will that put too much stress at the trans/motor area? Setup is a Dart 9.5 SHP block, JW ultra bell, and turbo 400 trans.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would like to have an engine mounted support also, but have yet to find one off the shelf besides the Ken Lowe and ATF which are way more than I want to spend. I have in my notes that the procharger mandrel and bearing part number is: 3FABB-025 . I believe you have to make your own setup to bolt it to the block. Let me know if you decide to go this route. It is one of the things on my build list that I haven't tackled yet.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts