Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to build a new short. My LAE small journal crank is toast and the R block too thin now. I'm considering a Dart Iron Eagle 8.2/4.125 and a Bryant crank. I really don't want to switch to a 9.5 deck because of everything needed to convert. I'm currently running an F1-R side slinger. Will the 8.2 stay together with an F2. Looking to go deep into the 7's @ 3150lbs. Thanks for any input/advice.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Let's hope so I have a dart 363 and had a f1r and drove it daily now I'm stepping it up with bigger heads and a f2 and plan on breaking shit I already broke a cam pin.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rod stroke ratio is obviously better on a taller deck. The 8.2 staying together is my main concern. I'm pretty sure Dart Iron Eagle are beefier than older R 302's.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
The rod stroke ratio is obviously better on a taller deck. The 8.2 staying together is my main concern. I'm pretty sure Dart Iron Eagle are beefier than older R 302's.
Iron Eagle is much stronger than the R 302 They can take a hell of a lot of hp plus room to grow because of the big bore capacity

·
Registered
12,566 Posts
The Dart has thicker bores with steel caps all 4 bolt. Is it better yes will you break the R probably not. I filled my R block up to the water pump holes with a 4.127 bore size. The biggest thing with the 8.2 is the 2.25 mains. When you buy a new crank use a 2.1 rod pin and 940 wide rod. You can't buy GRP 1200s with a smaller width. There is nothing wrong with the rod ratio i use a 3.45 stroke with a 1.075 pin height. If you do it right buy your boosted pistons with a heavy pin. Get your rods, bearings and rings before ordering the crank. This way when you have a crank made you can give them the target BW and save yourself a few bucks. My junk has an F3 on the R block its plenty strong.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Let's hope so I have a dart 363 and had a f1r and drove it daily now I'm stepping it up with bigger heads and a f2 and plan on breaking shit I already broke a cam pin.
1 ? was ur cam double pinned? if not i would have it done.

·
Registered
10,229 Posts
LAE crank. MileHighcranks in Denver CO bet can fix it

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Over 1200hp on a R block and F2 here. 3years on same build. Gonna freshen it next year if its still in one piece.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts