Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to finish my car to attempt to try X275, Car will be a N20 setup. I currently have well worked Victor Jr's on the motor, but also have a well worked set of High Ports. Are the high ports that much better than the Vic. Jr's?

The only reason Im asking is I have a guy who wants to buy the high ports as they sit. But I dont want to get rid of them if they are better than what is on the motor instead I will fix them and put them on.

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Everyone says the HP is better. Victor Jr is a good head with the right work and combo to.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I would have to say the high ports on an all out NOS motor is the better way to go. I have seen Vic Jrs run some pretty stout #s but the high ports always seem to be faster head.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I am trying to finish my car to attempt to try X275, Car will be a N20 setup. I currently have well worked Victor Jr's on the motor, but also have a well worked set of High Ports. Are the high ports that much better than the Vic. Jr's?

The only reason Im asking is I have a guy who wants to buy the high ports as they sit. But I dont want to get rid of them if they are better than what is on the motor instead I will fix them and put them on.
Both are good Heads...But i would hang on to your Highports, Those Heads are capable of making Real Good Power!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, that is what I needed to hear. I was getting ready to send the high ports off to get the new guides put in them. It took me some time to gather all this stuff I now have and really hate to sell any of it that I know I can later use.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Vic jrs tend to crack along the bottom set of head bolts when used with 1/2 studs and o-rings after a while when making big power. Highports are beefed up in that area and don't have a sharp machined edge for the crack to start. And the victor jrs usually need the pushrod tubes welded back up for proper cross section

·
Registered
829 Posts
I like my AFR225's, but with that said, we are doing all that the 225's will let us do flow/HP wise. To go faster w/o full on porting($$$$) we need a set of Trick Flow R's. Just the facts.

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Don't think the heads are holding you back just ask Ronnie at mustang specialties

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I would say the Hp's, unless you have to put alot of money in them.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I have heard you can make the High Ports run pretty good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts