Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who makes one for the street? The only ones I've found are for high RPM..
With the Turbos, would I see a noticeable loss on the bottom end vs the long runner stock types?
A Carb style would open up the engine a bit..

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Where the intake makes power will be the same, it will just make more boosted.

·
Registered
895 Posts
You’re going to want a single plane. Better distribution etc you will have no shortage of “low end power” when the turbos light and makes insane torque.

Vic jr, tfs R , super Vic etc. Just depends on the combo. What size heads etc.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
331ci. TFS19011R's.

I have a tiny cam tho.. 220-224 at .050 lift is alright .544-.560

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
I would take a serious look at a Holley Hi-Ram for SBF. They have front/rear tops and a more conventional SBF side entry top. Long runners for better mid-range torque, symmetrical runners for even distribution and enough plenum volume to run well up top. They are available in 8.200" and 9.500" deck height models. They are a lot of intake for the money.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would take a serious look at a Holley Hi-Ram for SBF. They have front/rear tops and a more conventional SBF side entry top. Long runners for better mid-range torque, symmetrical runners for even distribution and enough plenum volume to run well up top. They are available in 8.200" and 9.500" deck height models. They are a lot of intake for the money.
I seen those, especially for the side entry Throttle Body. I'd need a new Hood tho.. They look nice and are more in the RPM range of my Cam..

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
You'll be fine with a single plane. I ran a Vic,big AFR 225s,Fcam, on a 302 with a 70mm. Ran great.

·
Registered
895 Posts
To make your life easy run a Vic JR and elbow.
But as turboII stated. If you have the room. The Holley hi ram is bad ass.

·
Registered
241 Posts
CHP posted a youtube video recently dyno testing a 408 with the hi ram efi and a super vic, results were really close to each other. Can't be sure but I'd expect the 8.2 deck stuff to be similar results.

For hood clearance and $$$ I would go with the single plane style.

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
If Holley would get off their ass and release the new Lo-Ram for LS3, SBF and G3 Hemi they could dominate the market. I have called, emailed, PM'd etc to no avail. Maybe if everyone on YB would do the same they would get their ass in gear. Very frustrating telling them every year at PRI what we need and mostly get a blank stare and "I don't have any idea when or if we will release that product" The only Lo-Ram they have released is for cathedral port LS, who probably needs it the least.

Reactions: midnightlaundry

·
Registered
895 Posts
I agree TurboII. I was so disappointed at sema with the holley “reps” being sales guys or ever people from mother departments not even in the sales stuff.

they couldn’t answer any questions outside of wanting to show me product on the site. I was disappointed.
(Specially have some specific questions and some warranty issues at the time and was looking for answers. )
😂

1 - 14 of 14 Posts