Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Switching to a turbo setup. Gonna be running a 363 SBF with a C-4. The trans cooler was in front of the radiator. Thinking about mounting it in the back of the car with a fan on it, or mounting it in the intercooler water tank. I would still like to be able to use the car for true street type events. Will the trans cooler in the intercooler water tank be ok for that? The trans cooler I have is a 12"x12" super cooler. Anyone have input on this setup? Thanks.....Mike>>>

·
Registered
17,385 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
save your money for a powerglide, th400. when you start making pwer, the input shaft probably isnt going to last very long. i think they make a c6 input for the c4. my 2 cents

·
Registered
357 Posts
save your money for a powerglide, th400. when you start making pwer, the input shaft probably isnt going to last very long. i think they make a c6 input for the c4. my 2 cents
-------------------------------------- :smt103

you forgot the bored out pump stator half and the broached forward c4 clutch drum.

wish some one would make a c6 to c4 kit with a real billet steel stator half to bolt onto the front half .
instead of the crap cast iron stator.

NOW THEIRS A THOUGHT CHRIS !!!!!!.

my c4 wish list
1 x billet forward c4 drum -- some one already makes that in canada,so that part is aok.
but
1 x set of decent pump gears.
1 x billet forward clutch drum suit c6 input shaft.
1 x drive shell that does not flog out.
1 x slightly longer splined direct clutch hub/super hard for the
direct clutch spline-- billet would be nice.
1 x c4/c6 pump stator half in nice billet steel now who makes that ???.
anyone/no one

can buy
billet front servos
billet rear servos
4 pin
6 pin roller gear sets

solid bands hard to come by.

then it would be a super good light weight trans.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gonna see how long this C-4 will last. It does have all the best parts in it as of right now. We'll see what happens when I put the power to it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
-------------------------------------- :smt103

you forgot the bored out pump stator half and the broached forward c4 clutch drum.

wish some one would make a c6 to c4 kit with a real billet steel stator half to bolt onto the front half .
instead of the crap cast iron stator.

NOW THEIRS A THOUGHT CHRIS !!!!!!.

my c4 wish list
1 x billet forward c4 drum -- some one already makes that in canada,so that part is aok.
but
1 x set of decent pump gears.
1 x billet forward clutch drum suit c6 input shaft.
1 x drive shell that does not flog out.
1 x slightly longer splined direct clutch hub/super hard for the
direct clutch spline-- billet would be nice.
1 x c4/c6 pump stator half in nice billet steel now who makes that ???.
anyone/no one

can buy
billet front servos
billet rear servos
4 pin
6 pin roller gear sets

solid bands hard to come by.

then it would be a super good light weight trans.

there is more involved than just broaching the forward drum and boreing the stator support we(dynamic racing trans in CT) were the innovators of this over 8 years ago and as far as im aware of no one else does it( they mite claim they do )no need for a billet support the oem works fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts