Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are heading to the track tomorrow withmy buddys car and we are wanting to get a baseline tune for jets and timing for his Edelbrock Performer RPM kit.
Sbf 408w/ AFR 205 12:1 comp
In696" 278* Ex683" 286* 110LS
Super victor intake w/ quickfuel 850
We plan on running a 73 nitrous jet, a/f is 12.5 on motor THANKS

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We are looking for a kind of close tune cause we are testing Friday and racing Saturday so during testing we will be only making 200ft-300ft runs and reading the plugs before we make 1/8th mile passes thanks

·
Registered
728 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Edelbrock stuff, but have a very similar combo. With a Big Shot I run .073N/.061F at 5.5psi with total timing on 24*. It's could be cleaned up some and possibly a couple more degrees of timing added, but I've only been to the track once, but it ran great and was close on tune up. It's a 408 with RHS 215's ported and similar cam specs. Plugs were NGK 10's.

·
Registered
728 Posts
5.70's spraying, 6.40's on motor. I've since put a better converter in it because the old one was too loose to handle any more nitrous but haven't ran it yet, I'm still in the middle of suspension work.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Yeah I was gonna say start with a .010 jet spread between n/f, probably 15-18* total timing and step into it. .073 isn't a huge jet, so that should be a good safe place to start.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Any updates? I am running a performer rpm kit on a afr205 408w and would like to know the same.
I sent Corey a PM and asked him the same. They didn't get to spray it yet, but I asked if he could find out what size orifice the solenoids have. I did a search on here and found that the N2O is .109, but couldn't find the fuel. Do you think you could help on that? I have a really similar combo myself.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Well I'm goin out tomorrow and will be running mine with a 73/63 on the same performer rpm kit. Very similar setup 408, afr205s, SR .663/.663, 250/256, 108ls, pro system 950, super victor, 10.25comp. Stand alone tank with c16 flowing at 6psi with a ngk -9 and I think I'm locking timing at 21/22*.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Went to the track with listed tune up minus fuel pressure which is 6.75 never got the chance to flow it down to 6 psi and timing. I was in a rush due to running in a street car shoot out and set timing at 24* on accident but had c16 in the stand alone and some in my main take so hope that helped. First nitrous pass was a foot brake to 2500 with the plate out the whole and was rewarded with a wheel stand kinda... it was on the way UP but my radio flew out of the counsel and hit my shiter into second which made the tires spin instantly. Also having issues with power surging going down the track on the spray, I could feel the car making more power then less then more then less going down the track even after rejetting the kit to a 68n 57f without changing anything eles. Felt like the solenoids were getting voltage drop or something and I have the pump and noids off 30amp relays with 10g positive and negitive wires.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cool, he is excited about getting it back to the track, I will let you know how it does when we get it out

·
Registered
21,683 Posts
Went to the track with listed tune up minus fuel pressure which is 6.75 never got the chance to flow it down to 6 psi and timing. I was in a rush due to running in a street car shoot out and set timing at 24* on accident but had c16 in the stand alone and some in my main take so hope that helped. First nitrous pass was a foot brake to 2500 with the plate out the whole and was rewarded with a wheel stand kinda... it was on the way UP but my radio flew out of the counsel and hit my shiter into second which made the tires spin instantly. Also having issues with power surging going down the track on the spray, I could feel the car making more power then less then more then less going down the track even after rejetting the kit to a 68n 57f without changing anything eles. Felt like the solenoids were getting voltage drop or something and I have the pump and noids off 30amp relays with 10g positive and negitive wires.
I don't know anything about Nitrous but nice looking ride and nice wheels up launch!!!

Later Mark.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts