Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
360CI with blue thunder heads and a plate system. Was just on dyno and made a little over 600hp and not happy. THIS IS NOT MINE, so thinking a cam change for NOS use. Who should HE call for this? This is with two carbs on it and will run one when this is making power

·
Registered
687 Posts
Not an expert but need as much info as possible. Their could be a multitude of issues causing this. I'm sure others will chime in with more info, but I dont think a cam change is going to give it 200+ more horespower to be in the league it should. Definetly need to look at every aspect of the engine and go from their. Good luck

Rudy

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Is that on spray, and chassis or engine dyno?

·
Registered
10,234 Posts
330cfm is way low for either B.T. head. compression is too low also.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Get compression up to around 14, what are all the cam specs now? where did it peak, and what was tq? Anything done to the heads?

·
Registered
324 Posts
FWHP
Comp is 12.0
2 inch headers
heads flow 330
There is something off here,is this the Bluethunder 360 head? If so what size intake valve is being used? If this is 600hp @ flywheel Hp it is off a bit. In LIberty Dan

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
330 seems really low for those heads.Their website says they flow 360-370 unported.Maybe they're in not so good shape-sunk valves,bad porting,etc.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
How hard did you spin it?

·
1,344 Posts
What cam is in it now?? I have a billet LSM camshaft for that size of motor on the bottle that I got from Bob Hanlon a couple of years ago. Dual pinned. I believe he had it on a 360cu/in with BF20?'s though. I was going to get it reground to work for my combination, but for the right $$, I'll sell it.

274*/292* with .500" lobe lift.

Worked awesome on my 438 with 450hp worth of nitrous.

pm me if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Whats it run at the track? Dyno numbers could not be correct depending on what the operator punchs in to the machine. The only time I dyno'd my engine it was 100+hp shy of what it "should" have made and out ran other comparable cars with 150hp more under the hood. Lots of variables in just the dyno itself

·
HeadCaseRacing
11,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
spun it to 7700
The guy that had it built is sick and upset about it. Guy said 800hp will be no prob and this is what he gets.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
First, to make 800hp is going to be tough. Second, it's going have to go atleast 8,800 to break 800hp for that cu./in. Third, we need more details to help determine where the problem is. What are the bore, stroke, piston/ring design, leak down results, cam specs, compression, valve train, valve size, head specs(like csa, valve sizes, flow #'s, header/exhaust, etc.... Then we can help to narrow down the problems.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts