Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing many posts about engines with SB2 and Splayed valve type heads, I was curious about a max effort engine using wedge heads, cast intake and single dominator.

What kind of hp potential is there regardless of angle or manufacturer?

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
The one that jumps out in my mind would be Baskin's SBC in his nova and Rhode's Camaro. To run the numbers they do there close to that. Butch Kemp had multiple big HP wedge SBCs also maybe he can give us a more realistic #.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Chris made me a real nice 420 with old ProAction heads. I can only wonder what we would be lookin at with some of the latest and greatest heads that are out now.

·
Super Moderator
35,350 Posts
I think with some chamber and spark plug mods, that Dart 9 degree would make a killer piece as long as the valve positions are favorable.

·
Registered
20,824 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,350 Posts
No his engine was around 945. Ran around 160 mph with a brick for a car. But it was a real, real good car. I think there was more left though, that was 2008 today it would be more.

·
Super Moderator
35,350 Posts

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
I missunderstood, I though it was more a theory open ended question. Curtis is high on the 9* stuff and the others

·
Registered
4,798 Posts

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
The one that jumps out in my mind would be Baskin's SBC in his nova and Rhode's Camaro. To run the numbers they do there close to that. Butch Kemp had multiple big HP wedge SBCs also maybe he can give us a more realistic #.
If they are 1000hp plus would be impressive.We had a single 4 barrel do right at 960 and i had more hours in the intake than rest of engine.:)

·
www.ULTRA-CARBON.com
12,739 Posts
Yea Chris, .. I have a set of ports for the 13 that will support
1000+ with the right intake and right builder.

I do like my Dart 9, but I think the above 13 would be better
in this case.
Also with adapters you can run 18* cast manifolds.

curtis

Forgive my ignorance, but 9* and 13* are still paired ports? I thought paired ports only went down to 15*? Can you post a pic of the exhaust side of a finished 9 or 13, please?

1 - 20 of 187 Posts