Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just sent me this pic and what's to know if the oil galley plug inside needs to have a plug in it . He said the one on the right is blocked by the Distributor.

·
Registered
867 Posts
If it is the same as the iron eagle the inner plug is either solid or whatever size restrictor u use then also needs the plug on the outside to keep the oil in look on darts website under directions for iron eagle oiling they have a good pic and description

·
Registered
16,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for your help hes been running it without them :rolleyes: must be a lucky basterd lol

·
Gettin' tired of the shit
23,424 Posts

·
Gettin' tired of the shit
23,424 Posts
I'm trying to find some info but can't locate it at the moment, it's a number of a guy that lives and breathes these things. He races a front engine dragster with a billet block that he designed and made, he used to use stock blocks but they break easily and are becoming scarce.

I'll find it . . . .

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm trying to find some info but can't locate it at the moment, it's a number of a guy that lives and breathes these things. He races a front engine dragster with a billet block that he designed and made, he used to use stock blocks but they break easily and are becoming scarce.

I'll find it . . . .

its a aftermarket GM performance parts block ...

·
Registered
16,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just saw he said sbc, forget what I said. :rolleyes:
lol no problem thanks for looking out ;) . I told him he better call dart in the morning . I feed my motor from the front and have restrictors in the back but I Think he needs to block them off if hes feeding it from the back .

·
Registered
378 Posts
You're looking at the oil galley to the right and left lifter bank. All it amounts to when you run without those inner plugs is running without restriction to the lifters. The distributor has a groove that should line up with the oil passage to let the oil around. To restrict the lifters, drill your desired orifice size into a 1/4" NPT plug and install.

The oil comes in the block from the filter and goes to the oil galleys at the back of the block. The lower left galley is the main oil galley, with the other two lifter galleys. From this point oil travels toward the front of the block. On my block, I have the inner plugs of the lifter galley at the rear blocked off, which forces all oil through the main galley first. Once the oil reaches the front, it is circulated back through the lifter oil galleys toward the rear. I have the inner plugs on the front drilled to .100 for a slight lifter oil restriction in my block.

·
Registered
16,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You're looking at the oil galley to the right and left lifter bank. All it amounts to when you run without those inner plugs is running without restriction to the lifters. The distributor has a groove that should line up with the oil passage to let the oil around. To restrict the lifters, drill your desired orifice size into a 1/4" NPT plug and install.

The oil comes in the block from the filter and goes to the oil galleys at the back of the block. The lower left galley is the main oil galley, with the other two lifter galleys. From this point oil travels toward the front of the block. On my block, I have the inner plugs of the lifter galley at the rear blocked off, which forces all oil through the main galley first. Once the oil reaches the front, it is circulated back through the lifter oil galleys toward the rear. I have the inner plugs on the front drilled to .100 for a slight lifter oil restriction in my block.
cool thats what i been looking for thats the opposite of my motor but I feed it from the front. so can he block the back ones off and leave out the front ones? or is it better to put plugs in with a .100 hole?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.