Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just put on a new intake and carb on my 355. everything went back together fine. Cant seem to get it started. turns over but doesnt fire up. Carb is getting fuel, checked float levels. fuel pressure at 7.5psi. Also adjusted my valves. Im thinkin its timing. I have msd digi 6 with a pro billiet dist. non hei.

How do i adjust timing?
heard somewhere turning the distributor 180* might help?

thanks
justin

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Bring your engine up on tdc then check and see where you rotor button is pointing. If its close you can adjust it by spinning your distributor. First things first make sure your dizzy is in correctly.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope no back firing. so i guess its not the 180* out. well tmrw. ill jump on the tdc n try to adjust the timing.

thanks
justin

·
Registered
325 Posts
sounds dumb but I wired my dizy backwards just recently just a dumb ass mistake ,it happens

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok. so i checked all the wires. they are perfect. tried rotating 180* and nothing. rotated back and nothing. So i tested the spark and its perfect. uhm im running out of ideas!! anyone live in the broward area wana come help!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Problem Solved!!!! Brought engine to tdc using the finger in spark hole method along with valve covers off!! Then took a look where the dizzy rotor was, and it wat at the 630 position. put the cap back on and adjusted firing order accordingly!! now she runs great!! thanks for the help guys.

thanks
justin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts