Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went to the track this wed made a motor pass ran good came back made a nos pass loaded on trailer camehome went back to night and it run like shit i noticed it wasnt as responsive as it was off idle and when i made a pass my 60'truck wasnt there and when i let off at other end it was poping thru the exhuast where it didnt b4 whats ur guys input thanks

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Did you check the timing? I was having pretty much the same issue and it turned out to be my adjustable slip collar MSD distributor. Adjustment screw was loose causing timing to move.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you check the timing? I was having pretty much the same issue and it turned out to be my adjustable slip collar MSD distributor. Adjustment screw was loose causing timing to move.
Good point i have a adjustable slip collar dis aswell ill have to check it

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
my dizzy moved 22 degrees on me went 9.49 to 9.98. the billet hold downs don't hold against the billet msd well u really have to have them tight. there slippery against each other. if thats it sand or scratch the bottom of the hold down to give it more friction surface.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i checked my timing and its right where it was i pulled the dis cap and looked new although the coil wire was hard to pull off and had dust in the boot?? What should i check next? Thanks

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
pull all the plugs maybe the no2 burn a strap off

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pull all the plugs maybe the no2 burn a strap off
I did that they all look very good i checked everything mechanical all looks good im starting to lean on electrical weak fire possibly? ??? Whats the dust from in the coil wire ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well for the guys that chimed in i found the problem the dust from the coil wire was because it burnt the center out of it replaced the wire running strong again :) thanks for everyones input

1 - 11 of 11 Posts