Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sbc 408 all steel bottom end, little m block..it has 23 degree heads etc,, bullet nitrous cam [email protected] ,, this is a street car that I race,,recently hurt a piston so I am going to diamond nitrous pistons,, was wanting to change to better heads etc than I have,, I am considering changing now to a better degree head but am unsure if it will get me a big enough power increase to justify the additional cost,,what would be better in my situation 15 degree or 13 degree and what sort of power figures would I be approximately,,compression would be around 13-1 ,,, budget for the whole deal would be around 7-8000 dollars,, any recommendations please

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking to get the heads from Eric weingartner,, I want to get low tens on motor and in the mid8s on gas,,would like to spray up to 400 if needed,,car weighs 3400lbs with me in it,,th400,,9 inch with 3.7 gears,,have been 9.3 on 280 gas so far and 11.2 on motor,, with the nitrous cam

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So would I not pick up from changing degree on the valve angle or would I be just wasting money at the level I want to achieve

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
So would I not pick up from changing degree on the valve angle or would I be just wasting money at the level I want to achieve
You could pick up but you would have to watch the tune with the chambers on the 15-18 unless softened I dont have any experiance with them maybe someone will chime in. I think it is possible with a good 23 degree head

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for your input,,will be contacting Eric in the next couple of weeks,, have checked diamond and the piston will put the compression ratio up to 13.7 ...would this be feasible on the street,, our fuel over here is 98 octane and I use c16 when the gas is on,, hoping to get 700 hp on the motor

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Mine is around 12 12.5-1 make sure you have enough quench. It wont run as good on motor but just a little nitrous it will fly and it wont be as sensative to timing changes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts