Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found couple cracks in my manifold at each end where end bolt holes are whoch means getting repaired.
Its a sbc manifold is a single plane dart wilson
Im not sure if i should repair this manifold or just buy a new one
If a new one is the case whats the professional products hurricane like?

Thanks benno

·
Registered
27,268 Posts
Found couple cracks in my manifold at each end where end bolt holes are whoch means getting repaired.
Its a sbc manifold is a single plane dart wilson
Im not sure if i should repair this manifold or just buy a new one
If a new one is the case whats the professional products hurricane like?

Thanks benno
I had the Dart/Wilson, and it too cracked there. I just put mine on, bolted it down, and JB welded it. That being said, mine was highly modified, but in stock form, I’d care to say it, and the hurricane, ain’t far apart. I’ve ran the hurricane out of the box against the Holley 3-25, and it didn’t run with it, but it was closer then I’d of thought.

·
Registered
27,268 Posts
What new manifold would u recommend if not the hurricane?
I’m sorry, not 3-25, the 300-25. My bad. The new Holley 300-25’s I think may be cast in China. I’ve heard complaints they don’t always line up with the factory intake runners. But still one of the best if worked over a little. If you can find an original, even not ported that’d be my pick. And Holley has a new one, I think 300-110 part number. It’s a Keith Dorton design, and I like it, and way easier to get. The Edelbrock Victor series is also decent. But I like the Holley a little better.

·
Registered
27,268 Posts
There’s also the first design that I think came out in 1976 or 1977. I think it was the 300-2. Not bad, but I only ran it one year, then went to the 300-25. Don’t know that much about it actually. Back then it was more of a monkey see, monkey do for me.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There’s also the first design that I think came out in 1976 or 1977. I think it was the 300-2. Not bad, but I only ran it one year, then went to the 300-25. Don’t know that much about it actually. Back then it was more of a monkey see, monkey do for me.
Is the prof products hurricane made in china?
The holley manifold seems to be alot harder to get here in oz
The hurricane is every where and a quarter of the price of any other

·
Registered
27,268 Posts
Well, I’ve actually ran a hurricane on a 322” single 4 deal I did for a friend. And don’t remember exactly what the power difference was against the Holley, but it was minimal. So, yes, go with that. I keep forgetting about that intake. I also used one ported on a 358” single 4 pulling tractor deal. And was as competitive as the two I did with the Holley 300-110. Never dynoed the tractor engines, but the one with the hurricane traded 1st place with the others back and forth.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts