Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of brodix heads that work well for the combo that I have, they have work done to them. [email protected]. Anyway is it worth to spend more on them? or just buy a new set(AFR or Brodix) I do not want to spend and extra 3k on a new set if I can spend half that and have more work on something I already own. Don't know if it makes sense?:confused:

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its an old 11x casting but they work well on my 434. they have 2.125int. The car has gone [email protected] in a 3150 car no driver. But this is in nos set-up.(glide and 4:10 gear. 9.5 con 4500 stall) Also spray cam. BTW the pass was on motor.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
The best thing I can tell you is if your going to spend $$$$ on new heads go 18*,15*,or 13*. Don't waist your money and time going 23* agian for what little gains you are going to get. Ya I know this means new Pistons,Rockers,Intake, and other stuff but you will be better off.

If you don't want to go that way stick with what you have. Just my 0.02$.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,049 Posts
11x heads can be bad ass heads in the right hand!!!
That is the truth. One way to get more power is to weld-up the push rod pinch point and move them over. You will then need a shaft rocker system, I don't think there are stud-mounted rockers that will work with that.

·
Butch
8,208 Posts
Its an old 11x casting but they work well on my 434. they have 2.125int. The car has gone [email protected] in a 3150 car no driver. But this is in nos set-up.(glide and 4:10 gear. 9.5 con 4500 stall) Also spray cam. BTW the pass was on motor.
I say your looking in the wrong area

You have a TON more ET available, look at the MPH. Use what you have better

If your gonna spray it, DO IT, If not set the engine up N/A

Your engine IMO is capable of some high 9.90's to low 10's depending on DA' based off your MPH

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I say your looking in the wrong area

You have a TON more ET available, look at the MPH. Use what you have better

If your gonna spray it, DO IT, If not set the engine up N/A

Your engine IMO is capable of some high 9.90's to low 10's depending on DA' based off your MPH
That is what I was trying to get across.Being that I already have the heads why not get the most out of them. Thanks for the response.

·
Butch
8,208 Posts
It is not in your heads IMO

LEAVE THEM ALONE, your making the power.

You need 3 things. Torque to get off the line, Acceleration to get down the track and HP to pull you thriugh on the big end. Just my $.02

PM me your e-mail and I will PM you my e-mail to send me full specs and see if I see anything wrong, I would be willing to bet the cam is way wrong

·
Registered
80 Posts
Are you Jeremy from extreme racing engines. If so you build some sick motors dude. Can you do something with my heads? yea it me if want u can call 516 369 4044

1 - 12 of 12 Posts