Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanting to run a class that I will run nitrous, my question is. Raised runner heads,18* and 15* heads carry 125lbs penalty. Can different head make enough to compensate for the penalty. myloweslife What kind of extra power would need to be made running in the 1/8 To compensate Engine is 434 ci; 13.8:1

·
Registered
27,227 Posts
Wanting to run a class that I will run nitrous, my question is. Raised runner heads,18* and 15* heads carry 125lbs penalty. Can different head make enough to compensate for the penalty. What kind of extra power would need to be made running in the 1/8 To compensate Engine is 434 ci; 13.8:1
All I can say is the Dart/Buick stuff we ran was .4 better most times then our best iron 23 degree heads. I’d say 125#’s would be a gimme. The 15 degree stuff was another .15 better then the Buick stuff. Go with that combo, but make sure you get a good head porter to do what you need. And there is now some very good 10 degree wedge stuff out there that flows over 400 cfm. That would bring a large sbc to life. In my opinion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
All I can say is the Dart/Buick stuff we ran was .4 better most times then our best iron 23 degree heads. I’d say 125#’s would be a gimme. The 15 degree stuff was another .15 better then the Buick stuff. Go with that combo, but make sure you get a good head porter to do what you need. And there is now some very good 10 degree wedge stuff out there that flows over 400 cfm. That would bring a large sbc to life. In my opinion.
Thank you so much! It's very helpful!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts