Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last tech q about SBC's I swear... If I run a overflow can that is pretty much sealed, will any coolant that comes out of the radiator go back in like a new car? Any suggestions on a tall narrow one to run?

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Last tech q about SBC's I swear... If I run a overflow can that is pretty much sealed, will any coolant that comes out of the radiator go back in like a new car? Any suggestions on a tall narrow one to run?
Some do and some do not. I believe that your tank has to have a tube down almost to the bottom of the tank for it to function like that (within a half inch). I have one that claims it does it, but in reality it is nothing more than a junk overflow.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I doubt it as most factory systems have a vented overflow and these little cans usually have no venting. Tried the 1 they sell on rj but if I got hot it made a big mess and I had to use a vented cap with it. Use a factory tank now with no problems

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,402 Posts
Having a non vented tank would essentially be like having no radiator cap. Once the tank becomes pressurized past the rating on the cap the entire system will build pressure at an uncontrolled rate. You could end up with 25-30 psi in your cooling system. Run a recovery type overflow, as the system cools it will draw the coolant back into the radiator.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts