Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a complete SBC 350 + .030 engine here going into a street rod. Upon inspection found the block is cracked below the deck on both sides. Frozen I guess. The engine only has 500 miles on a rebuild and rest of this engine seems to be usable. Have a virgin block 10066036 standard bore 4 bolt main. Would this be worth boring and transferring the parts to it? It says Mexico on it.

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Would like to know what vehicles these blocks came in and what years they were made? The date code on this block is not readable. Would prefer to use a 4 bolt 010 block if can find one locally in east central Illinois.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Have a complete SBC 350 + .030 engine here going into a street rod. Upon inspection found the block is cracked below the deck on both sides. Frozen I guess. The engine only has 500 miles on a rebuild and rest of this engine seems to be usable. Have a virgin block 10066036 standard bore 4 bolt main. Would this be worth boring and transferring the parts to it? It says Mexico on it.
I have had 2 blocks like that .We ground crack areas and welded them.Used moroso sealer in them and ran them for years.Both are still going.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts