Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
TEAM NORTH
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best and the worst balancer out there for a SBC??Is anyone running the Professional Products piece? I know they are from overseas but are they good? Does anyone have something laying around that they are looking to get rid of. Must be SFI ,Let me know what you have, thanks.

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
Got one on a street/strip 383 s/b my nephew and I just put together. For the money, not a bad piece imo.

If this 383 was a more serious piece (450hp now) , I'd run either a fluidampr or a ATI unit.

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
6-3/4" dia

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
do you think it will hold up

In a street application, such as my nephews 70/30 street/strip car - should.

But for a full-time race engine - no way.

Spend good money on a Fluidampr or ATI unit. This one area you don't want to skimp on.

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
Spend the money for the ATI, and get the 7" If it does not need to be SFI they make a street damper that will save some cash. Much better quality.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Yeah okay........ Them things are junk.
Chris you couldn`t be more correct those things are a POS I know several street stock round track engines(sbc) that tryed them and they killed the cranks in them in less then 2 races (15 laps on a 3/8 mile) these engines make about 380hp at 6/6200 rpm. Communist Chinese junk! Also we fixed acouple of 4.6 ford engines that another shop had installed those P/products balancers on. Dan

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
Professional Products are junk. IT will come apart it is just when.

ATI or BHJ are the only way to go. Fluidampers void many crankshaft warranties.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Chris you couldn`t be more correct those things are a POS I know several street stock round track engines(sbc) that tryed them and they killed the cranks in them in less then 2 races (15 laps on a 3/8 mile) these engines make about 380hp at 6/6200 rpm. Communist Chinese junk! Also we fixed acouple of 4.6 ford engines that another shop had installed those P/products balancers on. Dan
Professional Products Balancers are junk

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,947 Posts
X2. Never heard anything bad about Fluidampeners.....

I've always used ATI.

What about the TCI Rattler? I never saw anyone with one of those either.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts