Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 87 cutlass.Just picked up a 400sbc with aluminum angle plug heads. I think they are pro comp castings.I have a set of hooker comp headers but you cant get to the plugs with these headers.I used these same headers on a set of Edelbrock straight plug heads and headers,work fine.What headers do I need for these heads?

·
Registered
655 Posts
X2 on Schoenfeld. Looked for a long time trying to find some 1 3/4" headers to fit a first gen sb monte. Schoenfeld had just the ticket.

David

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
How bad is it? We used a wooden baseball bat and beat our headers. Lol

·
Registered
876 Posts
I have the same headers and AFR angle plug heads. I had to dimple one tube, use a modified box end wrench on a couple of plugs and use NGK plugs that are a little shorter than regular plugs.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys I appreciate that.I will give schoenfield a call.By this being strictly a street car I dont even feel like any modifying if I can avoid it

·
Registered
12,060 Posts
The Schoenfelds are great if you don't have a heater or A/C box, you have to use a short oil filter, and there are no street hookups, so some work will be required.
I used slip on tubes and bullet mufflers on mine when it was a street ride.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
schoenfeld has some "affordable" g body headers that fit angle plugs..... speedway also offers their version

www.speedwaymotors.com
Same here. Goob made a good point. I got the clamp rings off an old set of headers and welded it to the end of the collector. Then got a set of collector adapters and welded that ring to some 3 1/2 pipe. then bullets after that. Works great.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Unfortunatley I do have the heater box so schoenfields are a bust like my hookers,strictly a street car.what about shorty headers?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts