Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best way to find out if the angle mill on a set of heads is too much? I had to slot the intake quite a bit but it did finally sit. I changed heads because i broke a spring and these heads were available. Now the brodix heads are old style but i figured they would be better than the steel darts that I took off. The motor feels the same but I expected it to wake up alot more than it did. Could these heads be hurting my motor instead of helping? Is there anyone that can help me?

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Too much??? I always try to max angle mill any 23* head. It's the only way to get a decent size chamber and your unshrouding the valves.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the Intake is not mating with the heads on the runner on the bottom I had to slot the intake so the bolts line up.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I think the Intake is not mating with the heads on the runner on the bottom I had to slot the intake so the bolts line up.
Yes this is something you have to check. I have the intake side of the head corrected after angle milling but sometimes you still have to cut the intake also. It is normal to have to slot the intake holes many come sloted now from the factory.

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
guys how much are these heads milled & what would be considered max angle mill? I had a set of 292s that were angle milled I think too much as they collapsed a chamber :-(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts