Carrillo or Pankl rods 2500-4500
Custom pistons 8-1400
Rings 500-1k
Pins 850-1k
If you truly want Quality, it's costs $$$$$$$

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
What is said in this 'phone call' has me hanging on to the edge of my seat. It could swing the balance of humanity one way or the other.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,603 Posts
Bryant or Winberg crank 4-5k
Carrillo or Pankl rods 2500-4500
Custom pistons 8-1400
Rings 500-1k
Pins 850-1k
If you truly want Quality, it's costs $$$$$$$
I have seen rings cost more than $1k, though not for what I do, but pins at $1k? That is crazy! I haven't seen those kind of prices before! I'd go back to shooting guns before I paid that kinda coin just for pins. Top Fuel/Pro Mod stuff?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I have seen rings cost more than $1k, though not for what I do, but pins at $1k? That is crazy! I haven't seen those kind of prices before! I'd go back to shooting guns before I paid that kinda coin just for pins. Top Fuel/Pro Mod stuff?
Material and coatings can get pretty expensive.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
78,237 Posts
WE RAN A ROTATING ASSEMBLY SIMILAR TO THIS IN DRAG WEEK 7 YEARS AGO...IN AN 80S MODEL RX7... :)

·
FHRITP
49,947 Posts
You're so full of shit, it runs out your ears.

But, if you want to step up. The last rotator I did for a big boost SB Chevy was $9,300.00. Balanced, no block, no assembly.

You playin'. playa? (Sorry...no Honda parts)
Ok you’re just a dumb mthrfkr. My truck has a 5.3 in it, the OEM shit will handle more Than your Ching Chong junk. The last time I bought SBC rotating parts I ran a callies magnum and Callies I beams. Bought straight from callies. I don’t think it was quiet 9300 but it wasn’t cheap. You can piss up a rope I’d buy from skip white and be happy about it before I called you 😂😂😂😂😂

·
Idiot Savant
163,824 Posts
Ok you’re just a dumb mthrfkr. My truck has a 5.3 in it, the OEM shit will handle more Than your Ching Chong junk. The last time I bought SBC rotating parts I ran a callies magnum and Callies I beams. Bought straight from callies. I don’t think it was quiet 9300 but it wasn’t cheap. You can piss up a rope I’d buy from skip white and be happy about it before I called you 😂😂😂😂😂
Triggered much. Good luck with Skip.....you'll need it.

You own more Chinese shit than Chairman Xi does...starting with your shoes.

Fucking Mighty Mouth......

·
Idiot Savant
163,824 Posts
I know a guy that made just under 1,500 RWHP with Ching Chong "Junk"....in a street car.

The difference between him and you is that he knows what he's doing. Crank that LS up, let's see how you do.

·
FHRITP
49,947 Posts
Triggered much. Good luck with Skip.....you'll need it.

You own more Chinese shit than Chairman Xi does...starting with your shoes.

Fucking Mighty Mouth......
You know the difference in skip and yourself? Not a Gawdamn thing other than he don’t run off at the mouth on the internet lmaooo. He sells the same Chinese shit you got. And when ever you feel like backing up your candy ass you can find me here BITCH.

1111 honeysuckle dr
Keene Tx 76059

gimme a call before you old decrepit ass shows up 817-933-9995.

·
Idiot Savant
163,824 Posts
You know the difference in skip and yourself? Not a Gawdamn thing other than he don’t run off at the mouth on the internet lmaooo. He sells the same Chinese shit you got. And when ever you feel like backing up your candy ass you can find me here BITCH.

1111 honeysuckle dr
Keene Tx 76059

There are quite a few differences between he and I. I sell Chinese shit because most people can't afford Bryant and Oliver, and don't need it. Not everyone can have a 5,000 horsepower junkyard LS3 like you big ballers.

Meanwhile, while you mind other people's business, your fucking house stands at attemtion every time it hears the Chinese National Anthem. You're a big-mouthed internet badass funking hypocrite.

It figures "suck" is in your address somewhere. You ain't gonna do shit.

·
Long Live The King
100,313 Posts
There are quite a few differences between he and I. I sell Chinese shit because most people can't afford Bryant and Oliver, and don't need it. Not everyone can have a 5,000 horsepower junkyard LS3 like you big ballers.

Meanwhile, while you mind other people's business, your fucking house stands at attemtion every time it hears the Chinese National Anthem. You're a big-mouthed internet badass funking hypocrite.

It figures "suck" is in your address somewhere. You ain't gonna do shit.
Continuing to make friends I see.

·
Long Live The King
100,313 Posts
Thank brother,
You are so correct in your statement I truly love racing and supporting our industry. I drop the block off Monday the machine shop is going to fix it. Once they are completed and I know the real deck height then I will purchase a new rotating assembly- cam- oil pan- timing chain- you know the drill brother.

Steve
This mess was the result of a friends first pass in a car he purchased. The 302 ( 347") was supposed to have lots of good parts in it. The stock crank gave up at about 8,000 in the lights: ( this was probably close to 20 years ago)

He kept the car off the wall, and wanted to beat the hell out of the guy who sold it to him. Yours could have been much worse. Glad it didn't destroy more.

There are some people who think they know how to blow shit up, and then there's my friend John, who really knows how to blow shit up.

·
Idiot Savant
163,824 Posts
I wanted to up date all to what maybe the root cause of the rod failure, upon further investigation I see marks on the bottom of the # 8 piston (broken) where the counterweight looked to be rubbing? The previous owner of the truck told me the truck ran on alcohol when they first built it and they had trouble with the carb they was using and it was flooding the engine maybe they hydraulic the engine with fuel and bent the rod which caused premature failure and it finally gave up ? This is all I can come up with .

Steve
They also used the .150 wall standard pin. This thing should have at least a .180 wall pin in it. For that matter, most guys just run the .150 carbon steel pin, because they're free. These days, that just doesn't wash. Even a 52100 .180 wall Trend pin will be good to a couple thousand horsepower.....and they're not that costly.

I would check to see what the counterweight clearance was though. We still use .150 below the pin on most applications, with a bump up to .200 for some ....but that .200 can cause a problem with some combinations. It, obviously can be measured in a photo, but yours look to have a fair amount of meat under the pin.

One thing seem reasonably certain, after checking in with Tom. The parts did not cause the problem. This one was either tuner or builder error.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
They also used the .150 wall standard pin. This thing should have at least a .180 wall pin in it. For that matter, most guys just run the .150 carbon steel pin, because they're free. These days, that just doesn't wash. Even a 52100 .180 wall Trend pin will be good to a couple thousand horsepower.....and they're not that costly.

I would check to see what the counterweight clearance was though. We still use .150 below the pin on most applications, with a bump up to .200 for some ....but that .200 can cause a problem with some combinations. It, obviously can be measured in a photo, but yours look to have a fair amount of meat under the pin.

One thing seem reasonably certain, after checking in with Tom. The parts did not cause the problem. This one was either tuner or builder error.
Interesting that Tom has a conversation with you prior to contacting me with his opinion?

Steve

·
Registered
3,830 Posts

1111 honeysuckle dr
Keene Tx 76059

BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

161 - 180 of 241 Posts